Hi friends! It’s that time of the month again! The Kids Craft Stars and I are joining forces to bring you our MONTHLY craft challenge post.
Every month we have a challenge between us bloggers to in-cooperate a different craft medium or theme into a simple kid craft tutorial. This month’s challenge was to create something with an ocean theme, which is perfect to beat the boredom blues this summer!!!
So without further ado – today I present to you our Paper Plate Crab tutorial that is not only super simple and really inexpensive but it’s also perfect for younger children too!
If you would like to make this “crabby” kid craft with your child today, check out the full tutorial below. Plus there are also links to the other bloggers participating in this challenge, so be sure to click around!
Happy crafting, my friends! #gluedtomycrafts
Paper Plate Crab Supplies:
* Large Paper Plate
* School Glue
* Red Tissue Paper
* Large Wiggle Eyes
* Black/Red Colored Cardstock
* Craft Scissors
* Hand-Held Stapler
* First cut your paper plate in half. Reserve one half for today’s craft and the other for a rainy day!
* Next have your child cut their red tissue paper into small squares.
* Squirt some glue all over your paper plate half. Have children take the tissue paper and place it on top of the glue, until it’s completely covered.
* While they are working on that, cut some claws out of the red cardstock, as well as a mouth from the black.
* To finish off the Paper Plate Crab – glue/staple on the cardstock pieces and wiggle yes in the designated spots. Then display proudly!
As an added bonus to today’s craft – here is another example of a fun summer themed kid craft! Simple flatten/fold in half/glue a red cupcake liner to cardstock and add embellishments to give the look of a crab. Super simple and goes along perfectly with the ocean theme!!!
Be sure to check out the fun blog posts below, to see what the other bloggers in the challenge came up with for our Ocean Themed Kid Craft Challenge! You can also follow us on Instagram with the #KidsCraftStars and see what we are crafting up daily!
- Ocean Animal Coffee Filter Suncatcher
- Seashell Mermaid Purse
- Bouncy Ball Stamped Pufferfish
- Rainbow Fish Handprint Art
- Paper Plate Crab
- Suncatcher Jellyfish
- Puffy Paint Octopus
- Cupcake Liner Fish in a Watercolour Sea
- Easy Kirigami Fish Craft
- Paper Plate Seashell Craft
- Clay Crab Necklace
And “if” you decide to make our Paper Plate Crab craft, please share a picture on our Facebook page for us to see. We love seeing our inspiration come to life!