Get creative with this fun paper plate crab project that’s perfect for all ages – a great way to spark their imaginations and bring summertime vibes indoors.
Crab Craft Idea For Kids
Hi friends! It’s that time of the month again! The Kids Craft Stars and I are joining forces to bring you our MONTHLY craft challenge post.
Every month we have a challenge between us bloggers to in-cooperate a different craft medium or theme into a simple kid craft tutorial. This month’s challenge was to create something with an ocean theme, which is perfect to beat the boredom blues this summer!!!
So without further ado – today I present to you our Paper Plate Red Crab craft tutorial that is not only super simple and really inexpensive but it’s also perfect for younger children too!
If you would like to make this “crabby” kid craft with your child today, check out the full paper plate and tissue paper crab tutorial below.
Happy crafting, my friends! Don’t forget to share pictures of your child’s red crab made from a paper plate on our Facebook page to admire! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED TUTORIALS: Paper Plate Ladybug and Paper Plate Parrot
Here’s a fun beach craft idea that will keep the kids entertained! This paper plate crab is simple to make and perfect for summer.
- Large Paper Plate
- School Glue or Glue Stick
- Red Tissue Paper
- Large Wiggle Eyes
- Black Cardstock Paper
- Red Cardstock Paper
- Craft Scissors
- Hand-Held Office Stapler
- First cut your paper plate in half. Straight up the center, into two equal parts.
- Reserve one half for today’s craft and the other for a rainy day!
- Next have your child cut their red tissue paper into small squares.
- Squirt some school glue all over your paper plate half.
- Have children take the red tissue paper squares and place it on top of the glue, until it’s completely covered.
- While they are working on that, cut some claws out of the red cardstock, as well as a mouth from the black.
- To finish off the Paper Plate Crab – glue/staple on the cardstock pieces and wiggle yes in the designated spots.
- Then display proudly for all to see!
RELATED —> Handprint Crab Keepsake
If you are looking for even MORE easy summer themed kid craft ideas, be sure to check out these fun posts listed below.
And “if” you decide to make our paper plate red crab kid craft, please share a picture on our Facebook page or tag us on Instagram with #gluedtomycrafts for us to see. We love seeing our inspiration come to life!
- Clothespin Mermaids
- Popsicle Stick Mermaid Tails
- Popsicle Stick Ice Cream
- Paper Plate Hermit Crab
- Foam Ball Ice Cream Cones
- Paper Plate Hermit Crab
- Paper Plate Beach Ball