Do you feel the itch to get creative and make something special? Look no further! With a few supplies, you can create a beautiful paper plate flower with handprint petals that is sure to be a showstopper.
This craft strives to capture that perfect balance between an easy-to-make project while still encouraging ample amounts of imaginations in order to customize their unique flower masterpiece.
Best of all, it’s fun for everyone involved – no matter age or experience level. Let’s grab the supplies and get started!
- Small Paper Plate
- Yellow Tissue Paper
- Green Cardstock Paper
- Orange Cardstock Paper
- School Glue
- Craft Scissors
- Pencil or Pen
- First cut your yellow tissue paper into small squares.
- Take your paper plate and put a good amount of glue all over it.
- Have children place the tissue paper on top of the glue, until the paper plate is completely covered.
- When they are done with that, set it aside to let it dry completely while you trace/trim out the handprints from the orange cardstock paper, which will become the petals of the flower. Depending on the size of your child’s hands – you may need to do 6-10 handprints.
- Be sure to also cut out the flower’s stem from the green cardstock paper.
- To finish off the flower petal craft – simply staple the handprint cutouts around the tissue paper covered paper plate, as well as stapling on the stem on the bottom.
- Then display proudly!
RELATED —> Handprint Flower Cards
This particular paper plate flower petal kid craft idea also goes along perfectly with the book The Tiny Seed by one of our favorite authors, Eric Carle. So to be sure to grab a copy and really make it a full afternoon of fun with reading & crafts!
If you are looking for even MORE easy kid craft ideas, from Glued To My Crafts, be sure to check out these fun posts listed below.
- Paper Plate Cookie
- Paper Plate Leopard
- Apple Stamped Flower Craft
- Paper Plate Pigeon
- Paper Plate Cat In The Hat
- Paper Plate Baker
- Paper Doily Flower Cards
Follow us on Facebook so you never miss a new tutorial from us!