Are you looking for a fun and unique Christmas craft idea to do with the kids this holiday season? Look no further!
This simple popsicle stick reindeer picture frame ornament is an easy and safe project that your little ones will love to construct!
Not only is this customizable picture frame ornament a bright, festive way of spreading some extra cheer around your house, but it’s also sentimental! Each child can personalize their own reindeer-inspired photo frame by gluing on cute googly eyes or tiny bows to give it their own cozy spin!
With just a few inexpensive materials purchased from any local craft store (or even Amazon!), you’ll have these adorable picture frames made in no time at all. Keep on scrolling for the full tutorial AND free provided printable. Happy crafting, my friends!
Get crafty with the kiddos this Christmas and make some fun DIY wood reindeer picture frame ornaments! All you need is popsicle sticks, cardstock paper, and a little bit of holiday cheer!
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks – four per craft
- Hot Glue Gun
- Reindeer Head Printable
- Crayons, Markers or Coloring Pencils
- 4×6″ Printed Picture
- Googly Eyes
- Red Buttons
- optional – satin ribbon or string
- First things first – assembling your wood stick frame. Take the FOUR jumbo popsicle sticks and hot glue them together to make the reindeer’s body aka – the picture frame. You will want an empty space in the center for your printed photo. Use our picture above as an example. Set aside when done.
- Now grab your print out. Color in ONE of the reindeer designs.
- Trim it out.
- Next grab your wood shape, along with your head cutout and printed picture.
- Trim down the picture so it fits inside the open design. Hot glue the picture on the back of the frame.
- Follow that up by gluing on the reindeer head.
- Finally, hot glue the wiggle eyes and button nose in place.
- If desired, hot glue some ribbon to the back of your popsicle stick reindeer picture frame so you can hang it on the tree.
- Then display it proudly for all to see this holiday season!
RELATED —> Thumbprint Reindeer Frame
If you are looking for even MORE easy reindeer themed kid craft ideas, be sure to check out these fun posts listed below.
And “if” you decide to make our Reindeer Ornament craft idea, please share a picture on our Facebook page or tag us on Instagram with #gluedtomycrafts for us to see. We love seeing our inspiration come to life!