This spooky paper plate haunted pumpkin craft is perfect for kids this Halloween! It’s easy to make and great for all ages! So get your crafting supplies ready and let’s get started!
It’s that time of year again! Time to get crafty and make some spooky creations with your little one!
Today’s paper plate haunted pumpkin craft is the perfect activity for kids to do during the Halloween season. All you need is a large paper plate, craft paint and cardstock paper to bring it to life.
My favorite part of this tutorial is probably the element that makes the paper plate pumpkin “haunted.” This is done by “carving” the pumpkin in half and adding a handprint ghost to the center. To make the handprint ghost, simply trace your child’s hand on a sheet of white cardstock paper and trim it out so kids can decorate it. That’s it! Your child will have so much fun making this craft, and you’ll end up with a cute Halloween decoration too!
So are you ready to make it happen? We have all the details listed below, to help you navigate this “haunted pumpkin” craft idea today!
Happy crafting, my friends! Don’t forget to share pictures with us on our Facebook page so we can admire your hard work from a far today!
PAIR YOUR PUMPKIN CRAFT WITH —> Craft Stick Monsters
This is a great craft for kids to make during the month of October. And it’s sure to get them into the Halloween spirit!
- Large Paper Plate – one per craft
- Orange Craft Paint
- Brown Craft Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Basic Craft Scissors
- Hand-Held Office Stapler
- White Cardstock Paper
- Pencil or Pen
- Brown Cardstock Paper
- Green Pipe Cleaner – one per craft
- Black Sharpie Marker
- First things first – have children paint their paper plate completely ORANGE.
- Add some brown paint for dimension.
- Once done, set aside to let it dry a bit.
- Now grab your white and brown cardstock paper.
- Out of the white cardstock, trace and cut our your child’s handprint.
- Use the black marker to draw on mouths & eyes on each finger tip.
- Out of the brown cardstock, trim out a rectangular stem for the pumpkin.
- Set all the cardstock pieces you just cut out, aside.
- Next up – grab your painted paper plate and scissors. We are going to cut it in half but not directly in the center. You will want to cut so you create a small pumpkin “lid” for your ghost to pop through. Use our picture for an example.
- Now grab the stapler. Stapler the paper plate pieces back together but in a slight angle so it looks like the pumpkin is opening up.
- Grab the white cardstock handprint. Hold it in half and staple it to the paper plate, to look like the ghosts are coming out of the pumpkin.
- Next staple the handprint ghost piece in place.
- Finally – take the green pipe cleaner and curl it to look greenery for the pumpkin. Along with the brown cardstock stem, staple those two pieces to the paper plate.
- Add other embellishments you see fit before displaying proudly!
CONTINUE THE CRAFT FUN WITH OUR —> Handprint Cauldron Keepsake
Get crafty and make some Halloween memories that your kids will treasure for years to come!
Are you looking for some fun and easy Halloween crafts to do with your kids? Then be sure to check out our super popular tutorials below!
From handprint ghosts to spooky spiders, we’ve got something for everyone. And best of all, these crafts are affordable and can be done with items you already have around the house. So get crafty this Halloween and create some memories that your kids will treasure long after the holidays!
- Paper Plate Monster
- Thumbprint Ghost In Haunted House
- Paper Plate Halloween Camper
- Haunted Candy Bucket Keepsake
- Paper Plate Spider Web
- Footprint Haunted House Keepsake
- Handprint Ghost Keepsake
- Paper Plate Haunted House
- Popsicle Stick Haunted House