Our crafty monkey friend is hanging out on a simple jumbo popsicle stick today. Are you ready to recreate him? Find all the details below!
Hanging Monkey Craft Idea
Today’s monkey kids craft tutorial is a simple paper and popsicle stick DIY that kids can create with minimal help or steps. It’s just a matter of coloring in the various pieces in the free printable listed below, cutting them all out and adding them to the popsicle stick for their new friend to “hang” on. Nothing elaborate but still oh-so-cute!
Plus you can customize your piece however YOU like and if desired – you can also add magnets to the back to display on the fridge!
Find the FREE printable template from Glued To My Crafts below. Then make a whole “troop” of monkeys. Yup – a group of monkeys is called a troop. You learn something NEW every day!!!
Happy crafting, my dear friends! Thank you for hanging with us today! Please don’t forget to share pictures with us after you recreate our paper monkey tutorial! You can find us on Instagram for easy tagging! We can’t wait to see your paper monkey swinging from his popsicle stick tree branch! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Paper Plate Monkey In A Tree
This easy paper hanging monkey craft is perfect for kids of all ages! It’s a great way for kids to make some fun art.
- Monkey Printable – ON OUR LANDING PAGE
- White Cardstock Paper
- Green Cardstock Paper
- Color Printer
- Crayons, Markers or Coloring Pencils
- Paper Craft Scissors
- Glue Stick
- Jumbo Popsicle Stick
- Brown Pipe Cleaner
- Hand-Held Office Stapler
- First things first – grab the FREE MONKEY TEMPLATE listed above.
- Go ahead and print it on a single sheet of white cardstock. Print as many as you want but only for personal use please. You will want ONE monkey printable per paper craft.
- Next up – the coloring. Color in each section of the monkey, in the printable, however you like. Use markers, pencils, crayons etc.
- Once done, use scissors to trim each section.
- Set them all aside.
- Grab your green cardstock and scissors.
- Cut out a few small leaves to go on the popsicle stick branch.
- Now grab your popsicle stick, glue stick and all your paper pieces.
- Start gluing together the body of the monkey. I would start with gluing the head to the body and then follow that up by the legs.
- Now you are going to glue that piece to the popsicle stick so he’s “hanging” from it.
- Go ahead and glue on the small leaves to tie it all together.
- FINALLY – take your brown pipe cleaner and cut it in half.
- Curl it a bit with your fingers and staple it to the “butt” of your monkey to create his tail.
- Then set the finished piece aside to let it dry completely before displaying proudly!
RELATED —> Paper Doily Monkey Card
If you enjoyed today’s tutorial, be sure to also check out our Popsicle Stick Monkey post for another crafty way we took popsicle sticks and made them into monkey friends within minutes!