Let’s BEAT the winter blues together this holiday season by checking out our Popsicle Stick Winter Trees kid craft tutorial below!!
Winter Trees Made From Popsicle Sticks
Today we are going to inspire YOU and your child, to recreate some one-of-a-kind snow covered trees that are extra perfect to create indoors on the kitchen table today! Not only are these Popsicle Stick Winter Trees super simple to make, but really inexpensive AND simply adorable too!
So enough “fluffy” words from me, let’s gather those art supplies and make a snowy winter themed craft together! You can find EVERYTHING you need to know, in our full tutorial below! Then, when you complete the craft, display them as is or add string to the back for easy hanging on the Christmas tree!
Happy crafting, my friends!!! Please don’t forget to share pictures of your finished craft stick trees on our Facebook page afterwards, so we can give you a virtual high five from a far! I can’t wait to see what you create! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Winter Activities For Kids
These popsicle stick trees are super simple for young kids to make and a great way for them to get into the holiday spirit. Mix up different colors or add sparkles, glitter, and other embellishments.
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- School Glue
- White Craft Paint
- Paint Brush
- Small Paper Plate
- White Cardstock Paper
- Brown Cardstock Paper
- Craft Scissors
- Silver or Gold Glitter Glue
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Snowman
- First have children assemble the base of their winter tree by gluing THREE popsicle sticks together to look like a triangle.
- Set aside to let it dry. Repeat for each piece you want to make today.
- Next squirt some paint on a paper plate and have children paint their newly made popsicle stick shapes completely white.
- Again, set aside to let it dry completely.
- Now grab your scissors and brown & white cardstock.
- Cut out a small rectangle from the brown.
- Go ahead and glue it to the popsicle stick piece to represent the trunk of the tree.
- Next grab your white cardstock. Trim it down to fit inside the popsicle stick piece.
- Glue it to the back of your piece.
- To finish off the Popsicle Stick Winter Tree – have children use glitter glue to “paint” snow all over the popsicle stick shape. If desired, sprinkle some loose craft glitter on top of that.
- Once done, set it all aside to let it dry completely before displaying proudly!
- For easy displaying in your home – glue some string to the back for hanging on the tree or adding to gift packages!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Sleeping Bear
As always – if our crafty little post inspires you, let us know! We LOVE seeing our inspiration come to life!
Be sure to snap a picture of your creations and simply tag us on Facebook or Instagram for easy sharing! #gluedtomycrafts