Let your little mermaids swim into the depths of their imaginations with this fun wooden spoon puppet craft idea!
Mermaid Puppets Made From Wooden Spoons
Today’s glittery and mer-tastic wooden spoon mermaid kid craft idea is full of summer whimsy! With just some wooden craft spoons, tons of glitter and colored craft felt – you too can create some one-of-a-kind mermaids with your child today!
Not only is this Wooden Spoon Mermaid craft idea simply adorable but it’s also completely customizable and perfect for some beach-themed puppet play at home!
You could even bring this idea to a large setting like a birthday party or business event. Just pre-stage everything in the center of a large table and you will be good to go!
So this upcoming summer season let your child’s creativity shine by kicking it off this awesome craft today! You can find ALL the details you need to know, in the full tutorial below!
RELATED —> Clothespin Mermaids
Looking for a fun summer craft idea for the kids? Check out our wooden spoon mermaids! They’re perfect for a beach or pool party!
- Wooden Craft Spoons
- School Glue
- Red Craft Felt
- Green Craft Felt
- Loose Red Craft Glitter
- Loose Green Craft Glitter
- Black Sharpie Marker
- Red Sharpie Marker
- Craft Scissors
- First have children add glitter on the stick of the wooden spoon, to create the body/tail of the mermaid. I did mostly green, then a little bit of red for the “bra” of the mermaid. This is done by drawing on some glue on the wood, then shaking glitter on top until completely covered.
- Set aside to let it dry completely.
- Now grab your two colors of craft felt.
- Cut out some red hair and green fins for the tail.
- To finish off the Wooden Spoon Mermaids – have children draw/add embellishments to the round section of the spoon, to give the mermaid life.
- Then glue on the felt pieces to complete it.
- Follow up with other embellishments you see fit. The possibilities are endless on this step!
- Once done, set aside to let it dry completely before displaying/playing with proudly!!!
RELATED —> Paper Bag Mermaid
If you are looking for even MORE beach themed craft posts from Glued To My Crafts?
Be sure to check out our chucked-full SUMMER craft section! My personal favorite as of late is our Paper Plate Mermaid House craft tutorial! It would pair nicely with today’s mermaid craft idea – hint hint!