The letter J is for Jack-O-Lantern and today’s paper pumpkin kid craft tutorial is the PERFECT activity to reinforce that idea! We have even included a free blank “J” printable to get you started even faster!
Orange Jack-O-Lantern Craft Idea For Kids
With Halloween about to knock on our front doors, today I’m sharing another kid friendly activity for fall that is SUPER simple for the younger children in your home. Plus, if you are looking for a more “mess-free” no carve option, I think this is the one to put on your to-do list!
With today’s paper pumpkin craft idea, children are going to recreate a jack-o-lantern from the letter “J” that doubles as a learning lesson, as well! If you have a printer in your home, you are well on your way to pulling it together with ease!
Simply download the provided template listed below and grab a few simple craft supplies to help your child “build” a jack-o-lantern from the letter J!
You can find everything you need to know, in the step-by-step tutorial below!
Happy crafting my friends! Don’t forget to share pictures of your child’s finished paper jack-o-lantern craft with us on our Facebook page! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED HALLOWEEN TUTORIALS: Paper Plate Werewolf and Pumpkin Patch Frame
- Jack-O-Lantern Printable
- White Cardstock Paper
- Color Printer
- Black/Brown Cardstock Paper
- Paper Scissors
- School Glue
- Green Pipe Cleaner
- Washi Tape
- First print the free template printable provided in this post, on simple white cardstock. You need ONE print per jack-o-lantern craft.
- Next grab all your sheets of cardstock paper and scissors.
- Cut out some facial Jack-o-lantern features from the black cardstock, as well as a rectangle “stump” from the brown.
- Go ahead and glue those paper pieces on the printable, to decorate your “J” however you like.
- Now grab your green pipe cleaner and washi tape.
- Bend your green pipe cleaner, with your fingers, to look like greenery for the pumpkin.
- Secure the pipe cleaner in place, on the printable, with a single piece of washi tape.
- Add any other embellishments you see fit.
- Once done, let it dry completely before displaying proudly!
- Don’t forget to share pictures with us, so we can admire your hard work! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Paper Plate Pumpkin
Craft time doesn’t need to be scary this time of year!
Looking for more fun and easy Halloween kid crafts from Glued To My Crafts?
Check out these past posts from us, listed below, for some more spooky craft inspiration to bring into your home today! All of which would pair nicely with today’s “The Letter J is for Jack-O-Lantern” tutorial!
- Paper Plate Jack O’ Lantern
- Eyeball Frame Decoration
- Thumbprint Pumpkin Frame
- Popsicle Stick Jack-O-Lantern
- Handprint Jack-O-Lantern
- Inside Your Halloween Beaker
- Jack-O-Lantern Puppet
- “M” is for Monster Craft
- Handprint Pumpkin
- No Bones About It Keepsake