Check out this fun and creative blog post on how to make your very own Popsicle Stick Apple Tree using jumbo wood craft sticks, green cardstock paper, and adhesive rhinestones!
Apple Tree Made Out Of Craft Sticks
Inspired by fall and the upcoming apple picking season – today’s Popsicle Stick Apple Tree craft idea is sure to be a real winner! Even the littlest crafter in your home can recreate this idea!
Your child’s creativity will shine bright when you gather up some inexpensive supplies like jumbo popsicle sticks, green colored cardstock and some small red adhesive rhinestones.
Then, with just a few simple steps, this kid friendly art project will go from the craft table to the living room for pretend play and/or autumn decorations! You could even “plant” your finished pieces in flower pots around your neighborhood to spread some joy!
So what are you waiting for?! We’ve made it super easy just for you! Find the full tutorial below and let’s “grow” some one-of-a-kind crafty apple tree pieces today!
Happy crafting my friends! Please don’t forget to snap a few pictures of your craft stick apple trees to share with us on our Facebook community wall! I can’t wait to see what you GROW out of cardstock and popsicle sticks! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> “A” is for Apple
Looking for a fun and easy craft idea to keep the kids occupied? Try this popsicle stick apple tree craft today — they’ll love it!
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- Green Scrapbook Paper
- Large Scallop Paper Punch
- School Glue
- Brown Craft Paint
- Paint Brush
- Red Adhesive Rhinestones
- First have children paint the “trunk” of their trees. They will paint one jumbo popsicle stick per tree, completely brown.
- While they are working on that, go ahead and punch out a large scallop circle from the green cardstock. You need ONE scallop paper punch per tree they are making.
- Now you are ready for the “apples part” Grab the adhesive red rhinestones.
- Place several, all over, the scallop paper punch to represent the apples.
- To finish off the Popsicle Stick Apple Trees – glue the finished scallop piece to the popsicle stick.
- Then let it all dry completely before displaying/playing with proudly!
- Don’t forget to snap a few pictures to share on our Facebook page!
RELATED —> Stamped Apple Tree
- If you don’t have a scallop paper punch – using scissors and hand-cutting a circular shape is perfectly fine!
- Don’t have red rhinestone stickers? No worries on that either! For a fun twist on this craft, use a clean q-tip as a paint brush and add dots of red craft paint to make the apples, instead!
- And one last tip – this doesn’t have to be just an apple tree craft either! Remember – cherries and oranges grow on trees too. Wink wink!
RELATED —> Tissue Paper Apple
If you are looking for even MORE fall themed crafts, similar to today’s Popsicle Stick Apple Trees craft idea, be sure to check out these posts listed below from Glued To My Crafts: