Bring the magic of Christmas to life with this easy and fun winter craft! Kids will love creating their own pinecone snowman ornament, complete with a black hat, orange nose and sparkly scarf!
Get crafty with the kiddos this holiday season and make some adorable pinecone snowman ornaments! They’ll have a blast creating their own unique snowmen for the tree – it’s guaranteed to be a fun family activity!
- Pinecone Printable – on box.com
- Light Brown Cardstock Paper
- Clear Contact Paper – affiliate link
- Mini White Cupcake Liner – one per craft
- Black Cardstock Paper
- Choice of Colored Cardstock Paper
- Single Hole Punch
- Ribbon or String
- First things first – download the free pinecone printable listed above in the supply list.
- Print out the provided file on a single sheet of light brown cardstock paper.
- Trim out one of the pinecone designs with scissors.
- At this point in time you should flatten out your mini cupcake liner and draw on a face on it.
- Go ahead and also cut out a small black hat and scarf from your remaining sheets of cardstock paper.
- Next up – cut two equal sized piece of contact paper.
- Peel the backing off of one piece of contact paper and lay it down, sticky side up, on your work surface.
- Lay the pinecone cutout on top.
- Follow that up with the flattened cupcake liner, hat and scarf cutout as well.
- Now peel the backing off the second piece of contact paper and lay it on top of the first.
- Use your hand to make sure everything is sealed together and that no bubbles exist.
- When ready, use scissors to trim off the excess contact paper from around the edges.
- For the final touch, add some rhinestone buttons down the center to really tie the theme together.
- Add any other embellishments you see fit.
- Then hold punch a hole at the top and string some string through it for easy hanging.
- Then display/gift away proudly your child’s beautiful pinecone snowman Christmas ornament piece!
RELATED —> Craft Stick Snowman Ballerina
This “Snowman Pinecone Ornament” craft is an excellent idea for kids to make their own handmade decorations that are sure to become a holiday staple of any family’s traditions!
And with our easy-to-follow instructions and free provided printable above, anyone can easily craft their own ornament and add a bit of sparkle and merriment this year!
So don’t waste time, gather your materials and start crafting these delightful ornaments today! Have fun and Merry Christmas!