This Christmas season, surprise your kids with a fun and creative activity – making a “paint splat reindeer!” It’s a FIRST-SEEN-HERE idea from Glued To My Crafts and we hope you are inspired to recreate it today!
This craft is easy to make and enjoyable for elementary-aged children. Plus, your kids can proudly display their festive creations around the home as decorations.
From gathering materials to seeing the final product, you’ll be amazed by how much they get out of this holiday activity. So grab some paint and let’s start creating these cute reindeer today!
Get creative this holiday season and have your kids make their own Paint Splat Reindeer craft! With a few simple supplies, they can make a fun & festive decoration that will bring some Christmas cheer to your home!
- Brown Puffy Paint – affiliate link
- White Cardstock Paper
- Black Cardstock Paper
- Red Cardstock Paper
- School Glue
- Extra Large Wiggle Eyes – two per craft
RELATED —> Tissue Paper Reindeer
- First things first – fold your WHITE cardstock paper in half and open it back up.
- Grab your Tulip puffy paint and squirt some brown craft paint ON ONE SIDE before closing it up again.
- Once the paper is closed for the second time, gently take your hand and “caress” the paper so the brown paint inside, makes a fun symmetrical print design on both sides of the paper.
- Now you are ready to open it back up and see the BEGINNING of what your reindeer’s head will eventually be. From there you decorate it to bring it to life and give it life.
- Next up, grab the black cardstock paper and pencil.
- Trace both of your hands on the paper and trim them out. These will become the antlers.
- Out of the remaining red cardstock paper, cut out a large nose.
- Finally – the last step in completing this reindeer paint splatter craft is to glue down ALL the cardstock cutout pieces and the googly eyes, on top of the paint splat design. I would highly suggest starting with the nose in the center and building from there.
- Once finished with your custom paint splatter reindeer masterpiece, then set aside to let it dry completely, before displaying proudly!
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Reindeer
Get ready to be wowed this Christmas season and make lasting memories with your child! Learn how to take inexpensive craft materials and turn them into one-of-a-kind art projects with the help of us!!
At Glued To My Crafts we strive to keep the crafty fun going! Check out these past impressive blog posts from us, listed below and recreate them with your child today!
- Paper Plate Snowman House
- Handprint Santa’s Reindeer Keepsake
- Popsicle Stick Carolers
- Mini Craft Stick Marshmallow
- Reindeer Gnome
- Paper Gingerbread Man Hot Air Balloon
- Popsicle Stick Reindeer