Get creative with your little ones and make a scarecrow hug craft that'll leave them smiling from ear to ear!
Bring your personalized “Scarecrow Hug” craft to life with cardstock paper, crayons, scissors, a stapler and pretty ribbon! Start by printing out our scarecrow template on white cardstock paper and adding handprint cutouts!
It’s fall, and the cozy season of pumpkin-spiced treats and warm sweaters is finally here and there is no better time than now to break out those craft supplies!
Today’s latest and greatest creative “handprint scarecrow” craft can be completed with just a few simple supplies and steps – perfect for you and your little ones to make together.
Whether it becomes an afternoon pastime or a festive decoration for Thanksgiving, this craft promises to be filled with wholesome fun.
So grab those supplies, our free printable and let’s get ready to create this scarecrow hug handprint craft!
Get creative with your kiddos this fall and make a memorable craft to celebrate the season!
- Scarecrow Printable – on box.com
- White Cardstock Paper
- Choice of Colored Cardstock Paper
- Cardstock Paper Scraps
- Paint Crayons
- First things first – print out the scarecrow printable, on a single sheet of white cardstock paper.
- Use the crayons to color in the design however you like.
- When done, trim out the shape and discard excess paper.
- Now grab your cardstock paper scraps. Cut out a pointy hat for the scarecrow.
- Next grab your cardstock paper and pencil.
- Trace your hand TWICE on the paper.
- Trim out both designs.
- Now grab the ribbon and cut off TWO long pieces.
- To finish off the paper hug craft, simply staple the ribbon and handprint cutouts to each side of the scarecrow piece. Follow that up by gluing on his hat on top.
- Add any other embellishments you see fit.
- Then display as is or gift away to spread some cheer this fall season!
RELATED —> Candy Corn Hug
If you are looking for even MORE easy autumn themed kid craft ideas, be sure to check out these fun posts listed below.
And “if” you decide to make our Scarecrow Friend kid craft, please share a picture on our Facebook page or tag us on Instagram with #gluedtomycrafts for us to see. We love seeing our inspiration come to life in your home!