Get creative and try something new this weekend! This potato stamped cactus card craft is an easy, fun way to add a little sunshine to your day
Cactus Cards Made With A Potato
Hi friends! Welcome to another crafty post that will encourage you to make a handmade card for the upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday.
In fact, I want to challenge YOU to step outside the box and use a potato as a stamp to make your own creative paper valentines come to life within minutes.
On that note, you might be saying “no way” am I using a potato to make valentines this year, but I’m here to tell you it’s not as dramatic as you might think it is. In fact, using a potato is the perfect way to STAMP on the cheap AND have custom cards NO ONE else will ever have. If you are looking to “stand out from the crowd” on the big lovestruck day, this latest cactus craft tutorial from us is the way to go!
Today’s Potato Stamped Cactus Card idea is really inexpensive, prick-free and just plain ole’ adorable as well. It’s the PERFECT way to say “I’m stuck on you!” or “You are fan-CACTUS!” Not to mention, no one will know you used a POTATO to make your cactus design… that’s if you don’t spill your secrets! 😉
Well my friends… it’s time to get to it! Keep scrolling for the quick and straight to the point tutorial! Happy crafting!!!
RELATED —> Thumbprint Cactus Cards
- For this quick handmade card idea, you will need a large RAW potato, cardstock cards, dark green craft paint, a small paper plate and embellishments like flower stickers, wiggle eyes, paper scraps & markers.
- First things first – start off by cutting your large potato in half for your stamp. You will only need one half of the potato for this cactus card craft. Save the other for dinner or for our Potato Stamped Unicorn Card tutorial.
- Next squirt some GREEN craft paint on a paper plate.
- Dip one half of the potato into the paint and smear it around, until it’s completely covered.
- Now stamp the potato in the center of your folded cardstock card.
- Set aside to let it dry completely. Repeat for each card you want to make today.
- Now add “cactus” embellishments like a paper flower pot cutout to the bottom, wiggle eyes, flower sticker embellishments and black “needles” coming from the design.
- Now add sentiments like “looking sharp” or “stuck on you” in the inside of the card, to really tie the cactus plant theme all together!
- Finally – gift away your awesome potato stamped cactus cards!
Need any idea for the second half of your potato? Check out our Green Eggs and Ham tutorial!
THERE’S MORE FUN TO BE HAD!
Don’t let the fun stop here! Our website is FULL of great ideas and you may also LOVE our Cactus Fairy House and Popsicle Stick Cactus craft tutorials as well. Both of which would pair nicely with today’s tutorial for a fun “succulent” themed craft day!
RELATED —> Puffy Paint Cactus Friends