No Cook Gingerbread Scented Playdough Recipe Tutorial
Besides slime these days, homemade playdough is always a BIG hit in our home. I love being able to change the color and scent with just a few simple ingredients & match whatever season we are in.
Plus the cost to make your own at home, is pretty inexpensive and doesn’t have all the funny business like the store-bought stuff has. I would like to say, it’s MY version of clean sensory fun at home!
Ready for the recipe? Keep scrolling to check out our No Cook Holiday Scented Playdough tutorial below and get ready for some amazing holiday fun with your child today! Don’t forget to pull out a gingerbread man cookie cutter and some fun buttons to make “cookies” with your sticky mixture!
Don’t forget to share pictures of your scented creations with us on our Facebook page to admire this holiday season! #gluedtomycrafts
PAIR YOUR SCENTED DOUGH CREATION WITH —> Brown Paper Bag Gingerbread House – Kid Craft
No Cook Scented Playdough
* 2 cups flour
* 1 1/2 cups boiling water
* 1/2 cup salt
* 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* Large Mixing Bowl
* Measuring Cups
* Measuring Spoons
* Cooking Spoon
* In a large mixing bowl, combine your flour, salt, cream of tartar, spices and oil.
* THIS NEXT STEP – ADULT SUPERVISION ONLY! Measure out your hot water and carefully stir it into your flour mixture you just made.
* With a cooking spoon, start stirring until the playdough starts getting sticky/cools down a bit.
* Once cool enough to handle, knead your dough until it’s a smooth consistency.
* Finally, grab some cookie cutters and play with your AWESOME SMELLING gingerbread scented playdough.
For safekeeping of your playdough – store it in an air tight container when not in use.
And of course – although this gingerbread playdough recipe smells amazing, it’s just for pretend play and should NEVER be eaten.
Please always supervise children while they play with it.
If your dough is too sticky, add some more flour and knead through, until you get consistency you like.
We LOVE homemade playdough in the Glued To My Crafts house!
For even more of our awesome recipes making the sticky creation, be sure to check these past fun blog posts out: Snowman Playdough, Apple Scented Play Dough, Pumpkin Scented Playdough