Get creative in the kitchen with this easy Apple Scented Play Dough recipe! Whether you’re looking for family fun or a sweet-smelling craft, this homemade play dough is perfect to get your kids excited and entertained.
Let’s get creative! Make this easy and fun apple scented playdough within minutes. Perfect for kids of all ages!
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/4 cup table salt
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup warm water
- Red food coloring
- Add your dry ingredients to a medium sized pot.
- Use a cooking spoon to mix everything together.
- Now add in your tap water, a few drops of red food coloring & the vegetable oil.
- Stir with the cooking spoon again until well combined.
- Cook play dough mixture over medium heat until the dough pulls away from pot and starts to become dry.
- Turn off the heat on the stove and let the play dough mixture cool.
- When cool enough to touch, knead the dough with your hands until it becomes a smooth play dough consistency. Add more flour if it’s too sticky to play with.
- Then play with your apple scented playdough however you like!
- Store in air tight container after playing.
RELATED —> Extra Dough Gift Tag
For another creative playdough ideas – check out my Pumpkin Spice Scented Playdough post. It’s also a cook-version likes today’s post and pairs nicely with the current fall theme as well! Then after that, head to our Homemade Snowman Playdough for winter!
And one last tip – once your child is done playing, store play dough in an air-tight container. Please always supervise young children while they play. While all the ingredients may be safe for children to eat – it won’t taste good and can become a choking hazard!
If you do decide to give our apple scented play dough recipe a try today, please share pictures of it on our Facebook page to see! #gluedtomycrafts