Using inexpensive and easy to find kitchen sponges, you can recreate some “pick-me-up” pizza themed cards within minutes!!!
Are you looking for a fun and creative craft project to do with your kids? Look no further, because we have the perfect idea for you!
Introducing our sponge painted pizza card craft – an easy and enjoyable activity that will not only keep your little ones entertained but also allow them to explore their artistic skills.
This craft is perfect for all ages and can be adapted for different skill levels. So grab some sponges, paints, and paper, and let’s get started on this deliciously fun creation!
Send them to friends and family members for a birthday, Valentine’s Day treat or just because you want to! No real rules on what you do with your handmade pizza card masterpieces! You could even pair it with a pizza restaurant gift card for extra flair!!
- Cardstock Paper Cards
- White Cardstock Paper
- Yellow Craft Paint
- Small Paper Plate
- Paint Brushes
- Kitchen Sponge
- Kitchen Scissors
- Red Puffy Paint
- Sharpie Markers
- First trim down your white cardstock paper so it will fit on the front of your pre-made cardstock cards. One piece for each card.
- Once trimmed down, go ahead and glue those to the front of each card with your adhesive.
- Repeat for each pizza card you are making today.
- Next up – grab your kitchen sponge and kitchen scissors.
- Cut out a triangle for your pizza slice. It can be any size you like, just as long as it’s not bigger than your card.
- Now grab your paper plate and craft paint.
- Squirt some yellow paint on the paper plate. Take your newly made “stamp” and rub it into the yellow paint, until it’s completely covered.
- Then take it and stamp it on the white cardstock. This is your cheese of the pizza.
- Repeat for each card you are making.
- Next grab a brown Sharpie marker. Paint on a line of brown craft paint, near the bigger portion of the stamped triangle. This is your “crust.”
- To finish off the pizza themed cards, use red puffy paint to make small “pepperoni” hearts all over the sponged design.
- Be sure to let your paint to dry completely before moving on.
- Now tie it all together by using markers to write “You have a “PIZZA” of my heart” or any other saying you like.
- Don’t forget to write a sweet message inside and mail away!!!
RELATED —> Puffy Paint Pizza Craft
Are you looking for even more handmade card tutorials? Check out these past posts for some inspiration! Be sure to also follow on Pinterest for even more fun ideas!
- Paper Doily Cupcake
- Any Way You Slice It Card
- Cupcake Liner Pizza
- Doily Strawberry Cards
- Sponge Painted Birthday Cards
- Sponge Painted Watermelon
- Thumbprint Unicorn Cards