Are you looking for a creative craft project to keep the kids busy and help boost their imagination? Look no further than this toilet paper roll owl craft idea!
Fun, easy, and bursting with creativity – it’s an ideal way for moms, teachers, educators and crafters alike to let their child’s imaginations soar.
Toilet Paper Owl Craft
Using recycled toilet paper rolls, I was able to create these adorable “wise” creatures with ease! This owl craft is perfect for children of all ages AND adults too!
You can recreate these custom cupcake liner and paper tube owl friends by checking out the full tutorial and supply list below! I’ve even included a FREE printable to get you started even faster today on this step-by-step tutorial!
Then use them as home decoration or even pretend play pieces with the kids! The choice is yours!
Happy crafting, my friends! Don’t forget to share pictures of your finished cardboard tube owls with us on our Facebook page to admire today! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Egg Carton Owls
Adorable Toilet Paper Roll Owl Craft
Who knew that something as ordinary as toilet paper rolls could be transformed into such adorable creatures in just a few simple steps?
And with all of the customizable options available from paint colors to what you use for the owl’s wings – your preschooler can really bring out their inner artist. So don’t wait any longer – try this awesome craft today!
- Empty Toilet Paper Rolls
- OWL Printable – on our landing page
- White Cardstock Paper
- Paint Crayons or Acrylic Paint
- Coloring Pencils, Crayons or Markers
- Googly Eyes
- Mini Cupcake Liners
- Craft Scissors
- Stapler or Glue
- First flatten out your cardboard tube and staple it on each end, to make a rectangle shape. This will be the owl’s body.
- If desired, go ahead and paint on side of the toilet paper roll with your paint crayons.
- Set it aside.
- Now grab your printed printable and choice of coloring materials.
- Color in ONE of the head shapes/beak from the printable and trim it out afterwards.
- At this point in time, you can also add wiggle eyes if you choose.
- When ready, go ahead and now staple that head piece, to one end of the flattened cardboard piece from earlier.
- Now for the final assembling step! Flatten out and fold TWO mini cupcake liners for the owl’s feathers.
- Go ahead and staple those two owl wings to the decorate cardboard tube.
- Finally, add other embellishments you see fit before displaying/playing with your toilet paper owl proudly!!!
RELATED —> Cardboard Superheroes
Don’t let the fun stop here with this toilet paper roll craft! Be sure to also check out our Popsicle Stick Owls and Paint Splat Owl Face tutorials for two more “owl-tastic” kid friendly craft ideas to make today!!!