This St. Patrick’s Day, create a little luck and a touch of magic with this adorable DIY Clothespin Leprechaun Gnome craft. Not only will these little fellows look fantastic on your holiday table or windowsill, but they’re also sure to become a treasured keepsake for years to come.
As St. Patrick’s Day approaches, parents and educators may be searching for festive and creative craft ideas to share with their children. One whimsical project that is sure to spark joy and foster imagination in little ones is making a Clothespin Leprechaun Gnome.
Not only is this craft perfect for the holiday, but it’s also a fun way to engage in fine motor skills and an artistic celebration of Irish folklore.
On that note, find everything you need to know, in the quick tutorial below! Happy crafting, and may your St. Patrick’s Day be filled with creativity and cheer!
With just a few simple supplies and a little bit of imagination, you can create these delightful Clothespin and Cupcake Liner Gnome Leprechauns.
Not only will everyone have lots of fun putting them together but they also make great decorations that showcase creativity and love!
- Wood Clothespins – one per craft
- Green or Black Marker
- Cardstock Paper
- Large, Orange Cupcake Liner – one per craft
- Small Pom Poms – one per craft
- Thick Tacky Glue
- First things first – the leprechaun’s hat. Hold your clothespin with the opening on the bottom. Take your marker and color in the top half.
- Next up – the beard. Take one orange cupcake liner and fold it in half.
- Pinch it it between the clothespin. Use the scissors to cut a slight fringe around the edge.
- Now for the rim of the hat. Grab your cardstock paper and cut off a small rectangle. Glue it in place on the clothespin.
- Finally, the last step is his nose. Glue on the pom pom to the clothespin.
- Add any other embellishments you see fit and allow it to dry completely before you play/display it proudly.
RELATED —> Handprint Leprechaun