Today on Glued To My Crafts, I’m sending TONS of crafty good luck your way, with our latest and greatest kid craft tutorial using wood craft sticks!
I’ve taken our popular Reindeer Gnome tutorial from Christmas and I’ve upgraded it for the upcoming green and gold themed holiday!
Keep on scrolling to see our Popsicle Stick Leprechaun Gnome kid craft idea come to life within minutes!
Leprechaun Gnome Craft Idea
The fun never has to stop! I’m pretty much on a “gnome” kick these days on Glued To My Crafts. I have a feeling I’m not “done” with this garden gnome craft theme…. stay tuned because I have quite a few things up my sleeve! I’m full of surprises – hint hint!
Till then – if you would like to recreate this gnome leprechaun from popsicle sticks, with your child this upcoming St. Patrick’s Day, we have ALL the supplies and directions you need to know in the full tutorial below. It’s just matter of painting, cutting and assembling with some school glue, to create your one-of-a-kind leprechaun piece!
I’m feeling pretty lucky with this one and I hope you are too! So I’ll let you get to it! Find everything you need to know below. I’m sure it’s going to bring lots of smiles & maybe some crafty rainbows your way, as well! Happy crafting my friends!!
Looking for a fun and easy Saint Patrick’s Day craft for kids? Look no further than this popsicle stick leprechaun gnome tutorial!
- Jumbo Wood Sticks
- School Glue
- Green Craft Paint
- Small Paper Plate
- Foam Paint Brush
- Kid Friendly Craft Scissors
- Green Scrapbook Paper
- Orange Cardstock Paper
- Green Cardstock Paper
- Gold Glitter Cardstock Paper
- The fun starts here! First things first – grab three popsicle sticks, as well as the craft paint supplies.
- Squirt your green craft paint on the paper plate.
- Grab your paint brush and go ahead & paint the THREE popsicle sticks completely.
- Next up – glue the three painted sticks together to look like a triangle with the school glue.
- Set aside the triangle piece to let it dry completely.
- Repeat for each leprechaun inspired gnome you want to make today.
- While that is drying, grab all your paper sheets and scissors.
- Cut a triangular shape, from the green patterned scrapbook paper paper, that will be placed within the popsicle stick design and be the body of the gnome.
- Out of the remaining cardstock, you want to cut out a long orange beard, a green hat, gold glitter nose and anything else you can think of!
- To finish off the Popsicle Stick Leprechaun Gnome – go ahead and glue all your paper pieces in place, with some school glue on the painted popsicle stick shape. The green triangle will go on the back of the popsicle stick shape, while all the other pieces go on the front.
- Then add other embellishments they see fit to complete the look.
- Once done, set aside to let it dry completely before displaying proudly!
- Don’t forget to share pictures with us on your social media sites! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Chalk Art Leprechaun Beard
Q: What did the leprechaun referee say when the soccer match ended?
A: Game clover.
Q: Why can’t you borrow money from a leprechaun?
A: They’re always a little short.
Q: Why are so many leprechauns florists?
A: They have green thumbs!
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Leprechaun House
We got ALL the fun, crafty stuff you love! If you are looking for even MORE easy St. Patrick’s Day themed kid craft ideas, from Glued To My Crafts, be sure to check out these fun posts listed below!