St. Patrick’s Day is just around the rainbow’s bend, and what better way to celebrate than with a pot of gold and a little crafting magic? Whether you’re looking for a fun activity to do with the kids at home or a festive project for the classroom, our puffy paint leprechaun gnome craft is sure to bring smiles and a sprinkle of luck to all who make it.
- Gray Cardstock Paper
- Brown Cardstock Paper
- Scrapbook Paper
- Foam Shaving Cream
- White School Glue
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Food Coloring
- Foam Paint Brush
- Loose Craft Glitter
- First things first – make your puffy paint! Place equal amounts of shaving cream and glue in a small dish.
- Go ahead and also add a few drops of yellow & red food coloring to turn the mixture orange.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Once you have the consistency you like, have children “paint” the beard in the center of the gray cardstock paper. They can make it as small or as large as they like. I highly suggest making it nice and thick though so the remaining paper elements will stick.
- After children are done with the puffy paint step, have them “sprinkle” on some glitter on top of wet puffy paint.
- Next grab your sheets of paper. Cut out a large triangle hat AND an oval shape for the nose.
- Finally, the last step to this puffy paint leprechaun gnome craft is to lay the hat cutout on top of the wet beard, along with the nose. Since the paint is partially made out of glue, the paper pieces should stick nicely when it’s dry.
- Now allow your piece to dry completely before displaying proudly!
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Leprechaun
If you are looking for even MORE easy kid craft ideas that are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, be sure to check out these fun posts listed below!