Today’s handprint button tree themed craft tutorial is perfect to get the kids involved in the making today!
In our finished piece, I personally LOVE that my son’s handprints are the tree limbs so it makes for an extra special detail to me. In turn, it makes for a great keepsake I can treasure for years to come!
I currently have our tree displayed proudly in my craft room, but I think I’ll move it in our living room for some spring time decor.
So using a large blank canvas, various sizes/colors of craft circular buttons and of course paint – you too can have this awesome button tree displayed in your home like me! You can also change up the colors to reflect a theme/season or even your style of decor! Find all the crafty details below! Happy crafting, my friends! #gluedtomycrafts
Handprint Button Tree Craft Supplies:
* Large Canvas
* Brown/Green Craft Paint
* Paint Brush
* Various Colored Buttons
* Hot Glue Gun
* Cute kid with hands
* Baby Wipes
* First paint the trunk of the tree on your canvas. This will help determine where the handprints will go.
* Paint your child’s hands brown and have them press their hands on the canvas to make their handprints. Repeat until you get the “tree” look you want.
* Using your paint brush – fill in any areas that might need paint. Let dry completely.
* Get the hot glue gun ready and glue your buttons onto the canvas. Make sure NOT to cover up the handprints completely. You will want to see them a bit but make the tree look full.
* Once done adding the buttons, if desired – paint on some grass on the botton of the tree.
* Display proudly.