Make a creative keepsake canvas piece with your kids using handprints & buttons! Follow the tutorial today to create your own handprint button tree.
DIY Handprint Button Tree Canvas Art for Spring
Today’s handprint button tree themed craft tutorial is perfect to get the kids involved in the making today!
In our finished button tree canvas piece, I personally LOVE that my son’s handprints are the tree limbs so it makes for an extra special detail to me. In turn, it makes for a great spring themed keepsake I can treasure for years to come!
So anyways – enough chit chat! Using a large blank canvas, various sizes circular buttons and of course craft paint – you too can have this awesome handprint button tree displayed in your home like me! You can also change up the colors to reflect a theme/season or even your style of decor! Find all the crafty details below!
Happy crafting, my friends! Please don’t forget to share pictures of your child’s creative button tree artwork by tagging us on Instagram! We can’t wait to see what colors you choose for your tree art! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Button Flag Frame
- Large Blank Canvas
- Brown Craft Paint
- Green Craft Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Craft Buttons
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Baby Wipes
- First paint the trunk of the tree on your canvas. This will help determine where the handprints will go.
- Paint your child’s hands brown and have them press their hands on the canvas to make their handprints. Repeat until you get the “tree” look you want.
- Using your paint brush – fill in any areas that might need paint. Let dry completely.
- Get the hot glue gun ready and glue your buttons onto the canvas. Make sure NOT to cover up the handprints completely. You will want to see them a bit but make the tree look full.
- Once done adding the buttons, if desired – paint on some grass on the bottom of the tree design.
- Display your finished handprint and button tree canvas proudly for all to see!
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Button Flag
If you enjoyed this handprint button tree kids craft idea – you may also enjoy these previous handprint themed blog posts from us, as well:
- Handprint Flamingo
- Handprint Horse Card
- Nuts About You Keepsake
- Flag Handprint Shirt
- Handprint French Fries
- Superhero Canvas
- Daddy’s Grilling Partner
- Handprint Fall Tree