Are you looking for a fun craft to do with your kids over the holidays? If so, this paper plate cardinal craft is the perfect activity to get them excited!
Not only will they have a great time making their own red-feathered birds out of simple materials, but they’ll also learn about the majestic bird species while creating something cute and creative.
Plus, it’s an easy project that requires just basic crafting supplies like paint and cardstock paper — making it accessible enough for even younger children. So gather up your supplies and let’s get started!
Get crafty with your little ones and make this fun and easy paper plate red cardinal! Let your creative spark fly while your children explore their artistic side.
- Large Paper Plate
- Red Paint Crayon -affiliate link
- Large, Red Cupcake Liner
- Yellow Cardstock Paper
- Black Cardstock Paper
- School Glue
- Large Wiggle Eye
- Large Wavy Craft Stick – affiliate link
- First things first – cut your large paper plate in half. Straight up the center to create TWO equal pieces for your bird craft.
- Reserve one half for today’s project, while saving the other for a rainy day!
- Next up – grab your paint crayon and paint the paper plate half completely red. Set it aside for now.
- Now we are ready for the embellishments for the cardinal! Go ahead and flatten/fold ONE red cupcake liner for the wing.
- Out of the yellow cardstock paper, cut out a simple triangle beak, as well as a leg.
- Out of the black cardstock paper, you will want to cut out a medium sized circle that will go under the googly eye.
- We are heading towards the final steps. Grab all your paper pieces, along with the wavy craft stick.
- Staple the painted paper plate to the wood piece, so it looks like the cardinal is sitting on a tree branch.
- Follow that up by securing the cupcake liner wing, his googly eye and paper beak in place for the paper plate red bird.
- Add any other embellishments you see fit and display proudly for all to see!
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Cardinal
At Glued To My Crafts, we believe every child should do at least ONE awesome craft this winter season!
You can’t argue with extra family time together, while you make some one-of-a-kind crafts this time of year!
So please consider checking out our Popsicle Stick Christmas Trucks, Ornament Gnome and Handprint Cookies For Santa craft craft posts for even more inspiration for YOU to take note of today!
Then grab the required materials, set up shop on the table and join them in the fun as well!