Our Tissue Paper Acorn Suncatcher craft tutorial is perfect for Fall or any season that warms up your home with a cheerful look!
Are you looking for a fun, easy and creative craft idea that your kids will love making this fall season? Then you are in the right place with Glued To My Crafts today!
As the days get shorter and colder, what better way to brighten up your day than with a fun craft project for the kids? Today’s acorn suncatcher craft is perfect for making in the fall months when those warm sunny days are just starting to dwindle away.
With just a few simple supplies, including our free provided printable, you can help your little crafter make mosaic acorn creations that are truly beautiful to display on the windows all season long.
In this post we’ll provide all the instructions needed to recreate these unique acorn suncatchers. Just keep on scrolling for ALL the details, as well as a free download. Happy crafting, my dear friends!
These creative suncatchers are easy for little ones to make, and will instantly brighten up any room or windowsill with their glory!
- Acorn Printable – on our landing page
- Color Printer
- Light Brown Cardstock Paper
- Clear Contact Paper
- Light Tan Tissue Paper
- optional – adhesive, plastic wiggle eyes and a marker
RELATED —> Paper Plate Leaves
- First download and print the FREE acorn shape printable listed above. You will want to print it out on a single sheet of LIGHT BROWN cardstock paper.
- Next up – use scissors to trim out the outline of the acorn, as well as the center of it.
- Now grab your contact paper and cut two pieces the same length.
- Take off the protective paper off one and lay it on a flat surface. You want the sticky side facing you.
- Lay your paper cutout on top of the contact paper, face down so it sticks.
- If desired, sprinkle a small amount of loose craft glitter in the inside the shape.
- Now grab your light brown tissue paper and cut it into small squares.
- Have your child place it on the contact paper, inside the design, to make a beautiful mosaic piece.
- Once done, grab the other piece of contact paper and remove it’s protective sheet.
- Then lay it on top of the other piece and press firmly, making sure every corner is stuck together.
- To finish off the Acorn Sun Catcher craft, use your scissors to trim out the design.
- Add the wiggle eyes and use the marker to decorate the piece to look like it’s smiling.
- Then use some tape to display it proudly on a window, so the sunlight can shine brightly through them!
RELATED —> Handprint Acorn Poem
Do you love our stained glass acorn craft idea? Then be sure to also check out our Clay Acorn Magnet and Popsicle Stick Acorn craft posts!
Both of which are super great DIYs for creative kids to give a try this fall AND pair with today’s acorn suncatcher idea!!!