When the air turns crisp and the leaves start blowing across your patio – it’s time to start thinking about those FALL crafts!
Today I present to you our Popsicle Stick Acorns kid craft idea and it’s sure to be “harvest happy” & bring some great autumn memories your way!
Acorn Craft Made From Popsicle Sticks
These Popsicle Stick Acorn Friends are super easy to whip up and perfect for a more rustic fall theme you in-cooperate into your craft plans. My personal favorite element is the fact that you can make them “smile” with just some googly and a Sharpie marker.
Using inexpensive materials like jumbo popsicle sticks, school glue and colored cardstock paper – you and your child can make some one-of-a-kind brown acorn craft pieces that are perfect to turn into a banner for decor OR add another popsicle stick to the back of the finished pieces, to create some puppet play characters.
Whatever you decide to do with your child’s finished acorn masterpieces, I hope you have fun helping them creating them! On that note, you can find the FULL easy peasy kids craft tutorial by scrolling below!
Happy crafting, my friends! If you don’t mind, I would LOVE to see images of your smiling craft stick acorn friends on our Facebook community wall! Snap a few pictures and come share them with us! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Paper Plate Acorn
Get the kids creative and busy with this fun popsicle stick craft idea! Encourage them to create their very own cute acorns, perfect for decorations or a fun project.
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- School Glue
- Gold Glitter Glue
- Brown Cardstock Paper
- Light Brown Cardstock Paper
- Small Wiggle Eyes
- Black Sharpie Marker
- First grab THREE jumbo popsicle sticks and glue them together in a triangle formation. You can either use school glue for this step or use the gold glitter glue.
- Repeat for each acorn you are making.
- Set them aside to allow them to dry a bit.
- Next grab your light brown cardstock and scissors.
- Cut out a triangular piece that will fit in the inside of the popsicle stick shape.
- Now grab your brown cardstock and cut out an acorn top.
- Use the gold glitter glue to add some dimension to the acorn top.
- To finish off the Popsicle Stick Acorn kid craft, glue your cardstock pieces to the popsicle stick shape.
- Go ahead and glue on the wiggle eyes and draw on a face with the Sharpie marker.
- Set aside to let it dry completely, before displaying proudly!
- Snap a few pictures to share with us on your social media sites! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Popcorn Kernel Corn Craft