Looking for something crafty to do with the kids this summer? Try our easy-to-follow tutorial and get creative! They’re perfect for ANY day of the year, not just summer.
Cherries Made From Spoons For Summer Fun!
It’s officially cherry season and I have a clever kid craft idea that is PERFECT to celebrate one of my favorite times of year!!!
With our Craft Spoon Cherries tutorial, you and your child can make some one-of-a-sweet pieces that are perfect to show off ANY DAY of the year! Display as is or make a whole bunch to string together & make a festive banner!
So whether you use wooden craft spoons like other or inexpensive plastic spoons, you are sure to have a real winner in the craft books! So follow the full tutorial below and recreate some wood spoon cherry stems today!
Happy crafting, my friends!!! Don’t forget to share pictures of your pretend cherries made from wood craft spoons, on our Facebook page to admire this summer season! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Thumbprint Cherry Card
With some simple materials like wooden spoons and paint, let your kids unleash their creativity while making something adorable!
- Wooden Craft Spoons
- Red Craft Paint
- Green Craft Paint
- Small Paint Brushes
- School Glue
- Loose, Red Craft Glitter
- Green Cardstock Paper
- Craft Scissors
- First things first – painting the spoons! You will want TWO spoons per cherry stem craft.
- Simply paint the handle of the spoon green and follow that up by painting the round part of the spoon red.
- Set aside and repeat for each cherry craft.
- Now grab your red craft glitter and school glue.
- Put a few lines of glue on the painted red part of the spoon.
- Shake the loose red craft glitter on top of the wet glue.
- Shake off excess glitter into the trash.
- Next glue your two spoons together at the tip of the handles, to give the look of TWO cherries on a joint stem.
- To finish off the Craft Spoon Cherries – have children cut out leaves from the green cardstock and glue them to the spoons.
- Then set aside to let it dry completely before displaying proudly!!!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Pineapple
Love this cherry themed kid craft from Glued To My Crafts? Be sure to also check out Thumbprint Cherry Cards post! It’s another fun craft for the cherry picking season!! #gluedtomycrafts