Are you looking for an easy and creative craft idea that your kids will love? Then look no further than this adorable button and clothespin bee puppet craft!
Bumble Bee Craft Idea For Kids
Welcome, moms, teachers, educators and creative people of all sorts! If you’re looking for a fun craft idea to jump start your child’s creativity, look no further than this adorable Button & Clothespin Bee Puppet craft tutorial!
Preschoolers and kindergartners alike will be delighted to rustle up these buzzing little critters during an activity break. Not only is this yellow and black bee craft project super easy to create with mostly household supplies that most parents have lying around the house – it also encourages playful exploration as well as teaches them important fine motor skills.
What better way to get their creative juices flowing then making something so cute out of common materials? Get ready for some seriously sweet bee puppet crafting time-your children just may not want to stop buzzing about it when they’re done! Find everything you need to know, in the full tutorial below!
Happy crafting, my dear friends! Don’t forget to share pictures of your clothespin and coffee filter bees with us, by tagging our account on Instagram! We can’t wait to admire your hard work from a far this spring season! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Wooden Spoon Bee
This craft is great for all ages, from preschoolers to teens and beyond. It’s a fun way to bring nature into the classroom or home!
- Wooden Clothespins
- White Coffee Filters
- Small Yellow Craft Buttons
- Small Black Craft Buttons
- Hot Glue Gun or Tacky Glue
- Black Cardstock Paper
- Googly Eyes
- First things first – pull out one clothespin and one coffee filter per bee puppet.
- Now go ahead and fold/pinch the coffee filter in between the clothespin, to create wings for the bee.
- Next up – cut out a small bee head shape from the black cardstock paper and glue it to one side your clothespin.
- Follow that up by gluing on two wiggle eyes to the next.
- Finally, glue on the craft buttons, in an alternating pattern, on the wood that is still exposed.
- And that’s it! Repeat for each one you want to create today.
- You can also hot glue some heavy magnets to the back for displaying on the fridge!
RELATED —> Thumbprint BEE Bookmark
Before you leave our site to recreate this awesome clothespin puppet craft idea, be sure to also check out our Paper Plate Honey Bee activity for another “bee-tastic” craft idea to make with your child today!