Inspired by my own life and an adorable children’s book, today I present to you our Cupcake Liner Squirrel Kid Craft idea!
This latest tutorial from us combines ALL of my favorite things into one great craft idea that I hope inspires you and your little one today!
This fun and easy craft is perfect for kids of all ages! Transform colorful cupcake liners into adorable squirrels with just a few simple steps.
- Tan Cupcake Liner
- Brown Cardstock Paper
- Green Cardstock Paper
- Small Wiggle Eyes
- Glue Stick
- Black Marker
- First things first – grab your TAN cupcake liner.
- Go ahead and flatten it out with your hands and then fold it in half for the squirrel’s body.
- Using the glue stick, glue your folded tan cupcake liner to the center of your white cardstock. It may take some extra effort but it’s super easy for kids to do.
- Once the cupcake liners is down, grab your brown cardstock and trim out a head, feet/arm and bushy tail for the squirrel.
- At this point in time you should also cut out some grass from the green cardstock paper, so the squirrel has somewhere to sit.
- To finish off the Cupcake Liner Squirrel – have children glue down their cardstock pieces in their designated spots, along with the wiggle eyes.
- Use the black marker to draw on a face.
- At this point in time, they can add other embellishments they see fit before displaying proudly!!!
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Squirrel
If you are looking for even MORE easy kid craft ideas that go along with children’s books, be sure to check out these fun posts:
- Paper Plate Spaghetti
- Paper Plate Taco
- Paper Plate Cookie
- Paper Plate Leopard
- Paper Plate Pancake
- Paper Plate Mouse
- Paper Plate Paddington