Bring the beach to you and have a blast with your kiddos by trying out this fun paper plate palm tree craft idea!
Palm Tree Craft Idea For Kids
I’m super super excited to be sharing this really easy and inexpensive Paper Plate Palm Tree craft tutorial with you all today. This summer themed craft is the perfect excuse to ignore the weather outside and craft the afternoon away, dreaming of beachy dreams.
Did I mention that this simple paper & paint palm tree craft also goes along perfectly with the book Pete at the Beach? With that little tidbit, this quick palm tree art project is a great way to tie everything together with craft and story time in a fun afternoon.
Happy crafting my friends! Please don’t forget to share pictures of your child’s paper plate palm tree with us on our Facebook page! I can’t wait to see your palm tree made from a paper plate! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Thumbprint Palm Tree
This paper plate palm tree craft tutorial is perfect for summer!
- Large Paper Plate
- Green Craft Paint
- Foam Paint Brush
- Basic Paper Craft Scissors
- Wavy Fan Popsicle Stick
- Hand-Held Stapler
- Brown/Kraft Cardstock Paper
- First things first – grab your paper plate and the green craft paint.
- Using the paint brush, paint ONLY the rim of the paper plate, green. Basically it will look like a huge circle.
- When done, allow the green craft paint to dry completely.
- Next up, take the scissors and cut your painted paper plate in half. Straight up the center to create TWO equal pieces.
- Now trim out the “inner” part of each half, leaving only the painted rim.
- Finish that up by now cutting the TWO paper plate rim pieces in half.
- You now have FOUR palm tree leaves.
- Now grab your wavy fan popsicle stick.
- One by one, STAPLE them to the wavy popsicle stick. You want them to look just like a palm tree.
- Next up – the coconuts. Grab your cardstock paper and scissors.
- Cut out two small oval shapes for the coconuts.
- To finish the palm tree craft, glue the coconut cutouts to the center of the paper plate palm leaves.
- And that’s it! Allow it to dry completely before you play and/or display proudly!
RELATED —> Footprint Palm Tree
If you are looking for even MORE easy kid craft ideas using paper plates, be sure to check out these fun posts listed below from Glued To My Crafts.
And “if” you decide to make this palm tree paper plate craft, please share a picture on our Facebook page for us to see. We love seeing our inspiration come to life and can’t wait to give you a virtual high five from a far! #gluedtomycrafts
- Paper Plate Spaghetti
- Paper Plate Shark
- Paper Plate Donut
- Paper Plate Muffin
- Paper Plate Love Monster
- Paper Plate Apple
- Paper Plate Taco
- Paper Plate Cookie
- Cupcake Liner Palm Tree