This paper plate craft is great for kids to make during the winter months. It also goes well along with a fun book about polar bears!
Cotton Ball Polar Bear Craft
Brrrr it’s cold outside! Are you staying warm indoors?
Although winter is not my favorite season – it’s a great time to do crafts. Most importantly – kid friendly crafts! Since we are pretty much forced to be inside all day, I just pull the supplies together, we lounge in our pjs and craft away. We really have no excuse not to and my fridge door is becoming a masterpiece collection. I really can’t complain.
Today’s post is about the Paper Plate Polar Bear craft Lil Man & I did recently together. It’s really easy to pull together, especially for those on a budget. Not only is it a great winter themed craft, it also goes well along with the book Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?
Anyways, if you would like to recreate this paper plate and cotton ball polar bear craft with your child today, you can find all the details you need to know, in the full tutorial below.
I’ve even put a few funny polar bear themed jokes below the tutorial, so you can really make an afternoon out of it! Happy crafting, my dear friends!
RELATED: Polar Bear Card and Cupcake Liner Bear
Looking for a fun, easy winter craft kids of all ages will love? Look no further than this paper plate polar bear. It’s cute and simple to make!
- Paper Plate
- White Cotton Balls
- School Glue
- Black Cardstock Paper
- Gray Cardstock Paper
- First apply a good amount of school glue all over the paper plate.
- Have your child place their cotton balls on top of the wet school glue, until the paper plate is completely covered and resembles the “fur” of the polar bear.
- While they are doing that part of the craft – cut out the eyes, nose, mouth and ears out of the two sheets of colored cardstock paper.
- Once your child is done adding the cotton balls, glue on the facial features to give the polar bear life.
- Next staple the ears onto the back of paper plate.
- Now display your paper plate and cotton ball polar bear friend proudly for all to see!
RELATED —> Potato Stamped Polar Bear
Polar Bear Jokes:
- Q: What do you call a polar bear on thin ice? A: An ice breaker
- Q: What do polar bears like to eat in the cold? A: brrrrr-gers
- Q: How does a polar bear stop a DVD? A: By pressing the “paws” button
RELATED —> Fork Painted Polar Bear