Today’s kid friendly craft post is titled Spoony Ant. Clever and straight to the point.
And why do I call it Spoony Ant? Well… because our new ant friend is made out of spoons! Again, clever. Right? I promise I will come up with more creative names for our crafts in the future. Until then, bare with me!
Here is what you need to make your own Spoony Ant with your child today:
Plastic Spoon Ant Craft Supplies:
* Two Plastic Spoons-same size/style
* Black Craft Paint
* Wiggle Eyes
* Three Black Pipe Cleaners
* Paint Brush
* Paper Plate
* Low Temp Hot Glue Gun
Originally this tutorial was inspired by a library story time event we went to recently.
The way they did the craft was a little different than what we recreated at home. At the library, they used plastic spoons that were already black. But since I didn’t have the desire to go buy a pack of black spoons, I decided just to paint the white spoons we already had on hand. Plus it added another crafty step that kept us busy in the process.
So if you want to skip the painting, may I suggest you pick up some black plastic spoons at your local Dollar Tree store :-)
* First things first, hot glue your two spoons together like the above picture. This will be the ant’s body.
* Next you will want to paint your spoons black, covering the entire area of the spoons. Set aside to let it dry completely.
* Once dry, give your ant the power to see. Using hot glue, glue some wiggle eyes on, on either end of the spoon pair.
* As for your final step, you are going to take your three pipe cleaners & wrap them around the center of the ant. Bend them to make them look like legs.
* Now play with and display proudly!
And that’s it! Super simple, right? You could also do this craft in red, for red ants instead! I hope it inspired you today! Make sure if you recreate it, you share pictures with us! I love seeing those images!!!