Unleash your creativity and make something amazing! This wooden spoon ant craft is an awesome way to get creative with the kids and have some fun.
Black Ant Made From A Wooden Spoon
Today’s kid friendly craft post is titled Spoon Ant Puppet. It’s super clever and straight to the point.
My intention is that you recreate it with your child AND THEN have some fun pretend puppet play in the living room afterwards!
And why do I call it Wooden Spoon Ant Puppet? Well… because our new ant friend is made out of inexpensive wooden spoons!
Again, clever. Right? I promise I will come up with more creative names for our crafts in the future. Until then, bare with me as I navigate through this life as a blogger!
Keep scrolling to see what you need to make your own Spoony Ant Friend with your child today!
This fun ant puppet craft is easy and perfect for kids! All you need is a wooden spoon, some paint, and googly eyes.
- Wooden or Plastic Spoons
- Black Craft Paint
- Foam Paint Brush
- Small Paper Plate
- Small Wiggle Eyes
- Low Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Black Pipe Cleaners
- First things first, you will want to paint your spoon completely black. Simply squirt some paint on a small paper plate and hand over the spoon.
- When your child is done painting, set aside the spoon to let it dry completely.
- Once dry, give your ant the power to see. Using the hot glue gun, glue some wiggle eyes on, on the larger portion of the spoon.
- As for your final step, you are going to take your three pipe cleaners & wrap them around the center handle portion of the ant. Use your hands to bend them to make them look like legs.
- Now play with and display your ant friend made from a spoon proudly for ALL to see!
RELATED —> Counting Ants Game
And that’s it! Super simple, right? You could also do this craft in red, for red ants instead!
Pair this crafty idea with our Thumbprint Picnic Ants tutorial! Both of them together will be the perfect pair!