The colder months are here, and that means it’s time for days spent inside getting cozy with a good book or movie, hot cocoa (extra whipped cream!), fireplaces burning and winter crafting!
Nothing brightens up the long winter days like an afternoon crafting project. This week we’ve got just the thing: Winter Friend Puppets made from craft spoons.
With an especially fun twist – these puppets come alive with facial features – bring joy to holiday parties or teacher circles of young ones. So set aside some quality family time, gather your supplies and get creative! We’ll show you how to make your own puppet friend in no time flat!
Craft Spoon Winter Friend Puppets
As winter approaches and the nights draw in, why not enjoy crafting with your children to get into a festive spirit?
Enjoy some quality time as you create beautiful smiling Winter Friend Puppets made from craft spoons. With this fun project, you can inspire your children’s creativity and sense of playfulness while encouraging motor skills too!
Whether it’s making scarves for their puppets or cutting out feature shapes (such as a winter hat for on top) these puppets will definitely bring life to any cold winter evening, leaving behind happy memories that last long after the season is through.
Find ALL the details you need to know, in the full tutorial below! Happy crafting my friends! Don’t forget to share pictures of your creations with us! You can ALWAYS tag us on Facebook or Instagram for easy sharing! I can’t wait to see what you make with your little crafter today! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Wooden Spoon Bunnies
Using just a few items like craft spoons, paper, markers and more, you can make these adorable puppets that will help teach about seasons, colors and nature – not to mention inspire creativity in the process!
- Wooden Craft Spoons
- Paint Pens
- Thin-Tipped Sharpie Markers
- Hot Glue Gun
- Cardstock Paper
- Pipe Cleaners
- First things first – paint the “handle” of your wooden spoon, any color you like. This is now your “friend’s” body.
- Next up – use thin tipped markers to draw on a face on the larger end of the now painted spoon.
- Grab your pieces of cardstock paper and your scissors.
- Cut out a half circle shape, that will become the hat for your puppet.
- Now get the glue gun hot and ready & hot glue the hat piece in place, on the spoon.
- The last step is trim down the pipe cleaner and “twist” it around the neck of the puppet, to create a scarf.
- Finally add other embellishments you see fit, while bringing your pieces to life!!
- Then play and/or display proudly for ALL to see!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Sleeping Bear
Now wasn’t that super easy? So whether buried in drifts or living in a mild temperature climate – this kid craft activity is a MUST DO this winter season!!!
Create some magic of your own by recreating today’s craft or check out our Reindeer Envelope Puppet craft post for even more crafty fun from Glued To My Crafts! Happy crafting, my friends!!! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Wooden Spoon Christmas Friends