Looking for a fun and festive craft to do with your kids this Christmas? Why not try making stained glass holiday tree ornaments!
This is a easy project that even young kids can do, and the results are beautiful.
Keep reading for instructions on how to make your own Christmas Tree stained glass ornaments.
Christmas Tree Suncatcher For Your Windows This Holiday Season
This pretty suncatcher is made with just a few simple materials, and it’s a great project for kids of all ages. Plus, it’s a perfect way to add a little bit of color to your window during the holiday season.
This is a great activity for kids to do on a snowy day, or any day when you need a break from the hustle & bustle of the season. So grab some supplies and get started today!
RELATED —> Christmas Tree Ornament
Get creative with the kids this holiday season and create some beautiful stained glass Christmas tree ornaments! Let their imaginations run wild and help them bring their colorful dreams to life!
- Free TREE Printable
- White Cardstock Paper
- Color Printer
- Clear Contact Paper
- Tissue Paper
- Loose Craft Glitter
- Single Hole Paper Punch
- Yarn, Twine or Ribbon
RELATED —> Snowflake Gnome
- First download and print out the FREE Christmas tree shape printable on a sheet of single white cardstock paper.
- Using your scissors, go ahead and trim out the tree shape, as well as the inners.
- Now grab your contact paper and cut two pieces the same length.
- Take off the protective paper off one and lay it on a flat surface.
- Lay your tree cutout on the contact paper.
- Sprinkle some loose craft glitter on top.
- Go ahead and grab your tissue paper and cut it into small squares.
- Now have your child place it on the contact paper, to make a beautiful design.
- Once done, grab the other piece of contact paper and remove it’s protective sheet.
- Then lay it on top of the other piece and press firmly. Make sure every corner is stuck together.
- Now use your scissors to trim around the piece so no excess contact paper is visible.
- To finish off the stained glass holiday tree craft, hole punch a hole at the top and thread some string through it.
- Then hang your suncatcher in the perfect spot on the tree!
- Don’t forget to share pictures with us of your colorful trees! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Stained Glass Star Ornament