It’s the season of crafting! Get your kiddos in the holiday spirit with this simple and fun winter mitten ornament craft from Glued To My Crafts!
Get crafty with the kids this winter and make a special holiday mitten photo ornament to add to your tree!
- Mitten Printable – on box.com
- Blue Cardstock Paper
- Clear Contact Paper – affiliate link
- Loose Craft Glitter
- Single Hole Punch
- Ribbon or String
- Embellishments and Printed Picture
- First things first – download the free mitten printable listed above in the supply list.
- Print out the provided file on a single sheet of blue cardstock paper.
- Use scissors to trim it out from the paper.
- Go ahead and also cut out the center of the mitten.
- Next up – cut two equal sized piece of contact paper.
- Peel the backing off of one piece of contact paper and lay it down, sticky side up, on your work surface.
- Lay the glove cutout on top.
- Trim down your child’s picture so it fits inside the ornament. Lay it down as well.
- Go ahead and sprinkle some loose craft glitter to fill in the empty spaces.
- Now peel the backing off the second piece of contact paper and lay it on top of the first.
- Use your hand to make sure everything is sealed together and that no bubbles exist.
- When ready, use scissors to trim off the excess contact paper from around the edges.
- Add any other embellishments you see fit.
- Finally, hold punch a hole at the top and string some string through it for easy hanging.
- Then display/gift away proudly your child’s beautiful Christmas mitten photo ornament piece!
RELATED —> Handprint Mitten Keepsake
Overall, crafting this mitten photo ornament is an easy and affordable winter craft for the whole family to enjoy.
Crafting with your kids not only provides a fun-filled afternoon but can also cultivate memories that will last a lifetime. So why not give it a try today?! You could even invite over some friends and family members to join the fun while you craft around the kitchen table.
Whatever you decide to do, I hope you decide to bring some Christmas cheer into your home by making a few crafty ideas from us! Happy crafting, my friends!