Whether you’re planning a patriotic-themed family 4th of July party or making your own decorations for Memorial Day, Independence Day, Flag Day or even Veterans’ Day – get ready to wow everyone when you make this eye-catching Paper Plate Patriotic Star Wreath!
Paper Plate Star Wreath
It’s time to get patriotic and creative with your kids this summer season!
If you’re a mom, teacher or educator looking for a fun craft activity to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon with the kids, then this paper plate patriotic star wreath is perfect.
Not only will crafting together as a family help boost creativity and bring out their inner artist, it also doubles up as an amazing way to create beautiful decorations for your home during the 4th of July holiday season.
The task of crafting this pretty star wreath from everyday items found around the house is sure to delight any child (and adult!) alike – so why not grab some paper plates, our free star printable and get started?!
Happy crafting, my dear friends! I can’t wait to see your paper plate star wreath creations displayed proudly in your home!
This paper star covered wreath craft idea is a creative way to add some extra excitement to your Fourth of July celebrations or any time you want to show off your red, white, and blue pride!
- Large Paper Plate
- Red Cardstock Paper
- White Cardstock Paper
- Blue Cardstock Paper
- Color Printer
- Star Printable
- Craft Scissors
- Craft Ribbon
- Star Stickers
- First things first – cut the center of your paper plate out, leaving a ring for the wreath.
- Discard the center of the paper plate.
- Now for the paper stars – go ahead and print out THREE copies of our provided star shape printable on red, white and blue cardstock paper.
- Trim out each star design from the printable for your wreath.
- Next up, start laying and planning out where you want each star cutouts to be on your paper plate wreath shape.
- Use your stapler to staple them in place, around the rim of the plate.
- At this point in time you can also add some re-cut star stickers around the design as well.
- Once the plate is completely covered and there are no blank spaces on the paper plate, staple on a ribbon “bow” to the bottom or top of the wreath to complete the 4th of July craft.
- At this point in time you can also add a smaller piece of ribbon to the back of it, for easy hanging.
- Then display your beautiful red, white and blue wreath proudly for ALL to see!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Bald Eagle
But wait – there’s more!!! For the crafty peeps who are looking for new ideas to pair with today’s patriotic paper plate wreath craft idea, please check out our popular Chalk Art Uncle Sam, Patriotic Truck and 4th of July Keepsake craft posts!
Don’t forget to join our private Glued To My Crafts community on Facebook! We talk daily about crafty things and want to welcome you into the conversation, as well!