A little crafty hocus pocus conjures up a good time with today’s Popsicle Stick Spell Book kid craft idea!
Inspired by the iconic Disney movie, today we are taking basic craft sticks and creating a spell-binding piece that even the Sanderson sisters would have loved!
Popsicle Stick Hocus Pocus Spell Book Craft
Our latest Halloween craft idea is sure to be a cauldron of spirits! Simply lure young crafters to the kitchen table, where you lay out various craft supplies so they can build their own craft stick spell book! They can mix and match their favorite materials, while brewing up a custom piece that will be simply fab-BOO-lous for any witch out there!
Best part? You can easily pair our spell book idea with our popsicle stick Sanderson sisters post from the other day and have the Hocus Pocus movie playing in the background, for a hauntingly good afternoon! Gosh I love when the crafty fun can go beyond just one good idea 🙂
So what are we waiting for?! Set a spirited scene in your home today, by following our tutorial listed below! It’s acrinch to make and you don’t even need to be a witch to bring it to life. PROMISE!
Please don’t forget to share pictures with us on our Facebook page, of your child’s popsicle stick spell book creations. And since MUMMIES love crafting too, make sure you snap a few pictures of YOUR handmade spell book so I can see that as well! HINT HINT! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Handprint Witch Keepsake
Make some magical memories and bring a little bit of that Hocus Pocus fun to your next Halloween get-together!
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- Black Craft Paint
- Brown Craft Paint
- Foam Paint Brushes
- Small Paper Plate
- Hot Glue Gun
- Black Cardstock Paper
- White Cardstock Paper
- Plastic Centipede Party Favors
- First things first – grab your NINE jumbo popsicle sticks, craft paint, paper plate and paint brushes.
- Squirt the TWO paint colors on the paper plate.
- Paint TWO of the jumbo popsicle sticks black, while the remaining SEVEN, a dark brown.
- Set them aside to allow the paint to dry completely.
- When the paint is dry enough to the touch, get your glue gun hot and ready.
- Lay your seven painted popsicle sticks next to each other, in a row.
- Take the two remaining popsicle sticks and glue them the opposite direction on one side, for the “binding” of the book.
- Now you are ready for the customization. Grab your plastic bugs, as well as the colored cardstock and scissors.
- Cut out various paper embellishments, like our eyeball clasp and spell book wording.
- Go ahead and glue those in place on the popsicle stick shape.
- Now take the plastic bugs and hot glue those, anywhere you like, onto the book shape. Since the bugs are made out of plastic, you should be able to cut them apart as well. I felt like my bugs looked like stitching, as well gibing it a creepy Halloween feel.
- To finish off the Popsicle Stick Spell Book – add anything else you see fit and allow it to dry completely.
- Then display it proudly for ALL to see!
- Don’t forget to snap a few pictures to share with us! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Paper Plate Witch House
Our clever kids craft tutorials make it super easy to create a ghoulish and extra memorable Halloween!
Before you click away, be sure to check out our Thumbprint Spider, Popsicle Stick Eyeballs and Skeleton Friends kids craft posts!
Have something to say? Want to show off your creations? Join the conversation on our Facebook page. We love hearing from YOU!