Gather up a few simple materials and let your creative side shine BRIGHT this autumn season with our latest & greatest Craft Stick Owl On Branch kid craft idea.
Our fall inspired project tutorial, that you will find below, will show you how to pull it together within a matter of minutes!
Owl On Craft Stick Branch Art Project
You guys! Look at how cute my new craft stick owl friends are! I think I have “fallen” in love with them!
Seriously – sometimes I amaze myself with what I come up with these days.
It all started with a vision and the next thing I knew, some of my favorite craft materials were mashed together and this is what I came up with.
There’s no right or wrong way to do this popsicle stick owl on branch craft idea. In fact, I highly encourage you to change up the colors and/or theme if you like. You could add small snowflake cutouts for a winter day or paper hearts for a little lovestruck theme. The possibilities are endless and I hope you take that as your “challenge” to make it happen today with your child!
May your craft time be HOOT-TASTIC with the help of Glued To My Crafts. You can find ALL the info you need for this craft stick owl on branch tutorial below.
Happy crafting, my dear friends and please don’t forget to snap a few pictures with your phone, to share with us! Our Facebook page is always open, as well as our branded #gluedtomycrafts hashtag. I can’t wait to see your owl on branch creations!
RELATED —> Handprint Owl On Branch
Unleash your inner artist and make your own cute craft stick owl on a branch art project!
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- Mini Popsicle Sticks
- Craft Paint
- Small Paint Brushes
- Paper Plate
- School Glue
- Paper Craft Scissors
- Cardstock Paper
- Small Wiggle Eyes
- First things first – if you are going to paint your popsicle sticks, do that first.
- Squirt your craft paint on your paper plate and paint your craft sticks however you like. I left my jumbo stick the natural color but I painted my minis in a burnt orange color.
- When done, set them aside to allow them to dry completely.
- Next up – cutting out your paper embellishments from the cardstock.
- Start off with the leaves and then the branches.
- Finish off with the wings of the owl and of course, a triangle nose, ears, feet etc. Use our pictures for an example.
- Finally the last step – assembling it all. Grab all your popsicle sticks, cardstock paper pieces, the wiggle eyes and school glue.
- First glue the five MINI painted popsicle sticks, in a row like a square, onto the jumbo popsicle stick. This will be the body of the owl and if you can envision it at this point, the jumbo stick is the tree branch.
- Follow that step up by gluing on all his paper body features so he can start to come to life.
- Don’t forget his eyes!
- Now the last gluing step – the leaves and little stick tree branches. Glue those in the empty spaces on the jumbo popsicle stick.
- Add any other embellishments you see fit.
- Set it aside to let it dry completely before you display it proudly.
- Don’t forget to snap those pictures and share them with us! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Paint Splat Indian Corn
Just because this popsicle stick craft is clearly amazing, doesn’t mean you should let the crafty fun stop here! Hint hint!
Love this craft stick owl craft idea? Be sure to check out our Cupcake Liner Owl On Branch craft post and pair it together with today’s idea!
We also have a great Facebook group for you to join for DAILY craft inspiration! Come join us!