It’s another handmade card idea for Valentine’s Day, using inexpensive paper heart doilies as the focal point! Don’t you just love our version of these Paper Heart Doily Cat Valentines? So stinkin’ cute, right?!
Keep scrolling for the full tutorial and recreate a few of your own today!
Cat Valentines Made Out of Paper Heart Doilies
Just like the previous versions already on Glued To My Crafts this week, this DIY idea is a small gesture that will go a long way!
Not only is the face of the valentine card simply adorable, it’s a nice surprise for the lucky receiver when they notice the cat’s NOSE is actually CHOCOLATE CANDY!
I took our already super popular Piggy Valentines that went live the other day and altered a few things to make a cat face instead. Just like that – no hard steps along the way, I even used the same type of candy from before!
I promise you, you can do the same with simple steps and a little imagination with your child today!
RELATED —> Doily Unicorn Valentines
These sweet and simple paper cat valentines are perfect for kids of all ages! They’re easy to make, too – just follow the step-by-step tutorial.
- Paper Trimmer
- Small Heart Doilies
- Cardstock Paper
- Adhesive/Glue Stick
- Craft Scissors
- Large Glue Dots
- Large Wiggle Eyes
- Chocolate Heart Candies
- First things first – use adhesive to adhere your paper heart doily to the center of a single sheet of cardstock paper.
- Now grab some gold cardstock paper and cut out thin, whiskers for your cat.
- Adhere those in place on the heart shaped doily.
- Next up – use a large glue dot to add ONE heart shaped chocolate to the center of the paper doily. This is the nose for the cat.
- Now take your remaining cardstock paper and trim out two small ears & adhere them to the card front.
- Finish off by adding on the googly eyes to the paper doily.
- Now the final step – take your paper trimmer and NOW trim down your card to create the valentine. The size of yours may depend on how big you made your cat’s face. I do not suggest these to go in an envelope but I think you knew that already 🙂
- Add other embellishments you see fit when done trimming.
- Finally – it’s time to your creation gift away!
RELATED —> Candy Grams Printable
I hope this DIY valentine cat card tutorial comes in handy for you and your child while trying to decide what to do for classroom valentines this year!
Like I always say – happy crafting, my friends!!! #gluedtomycrafts