Recycled Egg Carton Caterpillar – Kid Craft Idea For Spring
I’m all about recycling. Well, now always… (My husband use to yell at me for all the things I would throw away!)
But I do have to say, a good chunk of our craft supplies come from recycling. It saves the environment & saves a lot of money for those last minute crafts. Take for example today’s Egg Carton Caterpillar kid craft idea.
Majority of households have eggs in their house. Therefore, you probably have the supplies for this craft on hand – egg cartons! I did today’s craft with both cardboard & styrofoam egg cartons. So whatever you have works for this kid friendly idea!
Now grab the supplies listed below & get to crafting up your own line of caterpillars made from egg cartons!
Happy crafting, my friends! Please don’t forget to share pictures of your finished recycled egg carton caterpillar friends on our Facebook page to see! I can’t wait to see your egg carton hungry caterpillars in action! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED KIDS CRAFT TUTORIALS ON GLUED TO MY CRAFTS: Pipe Cleaner Caterpillar and Paper Plate Caterpillar
Egg Carton Caterpillar Craft Supplies:
- large cardboard egg carton
- various colors of craft paint
- foam paint brushes
- small paper plate
- pipe cleaners
- low-temp hot glue gun
- small wiggle eyes
The Simple Directions:
- First cut your egg carton into three piece long sections. This can be accomplished with scissors and using your hands.
- Then have your child paint their cartons however they want. Simply squirt some paint on a paper plate and hand over the foam paint brush.
- When they are done, set aside the egg carton piece to allow it to dry completely.
- Once the paint on the carton pieces are dry, go ahead and turn on your hot glue gun.
- Grab your pipe cleaner. Bend it in half and curl the ends to make antennas.
- Go ahead and now hot glue those in place on the painted egg carton.
- At this point in time, you can also glue on wiggle eyes to give them life.
- When done, display your wiggle eyed egg carton caterpillar proudly for all to see and admire!!
And that’s it for our egg carton caterpillar craft tutorial! Looks super easy, right?! Hopefully we inspired you to recreate one with your child today!
What other fun crafts have you created with egg cartons? Share with us in the comment section below!
We also have our Egg Carton Pumpkin Patch post for you to check out today! #gluedtomycrafts