This is a great kids craft that’s easy to do and only requires a few materials that you probably have lying around the house. All you need is an egg carton, some paint, googly eyes, pipe cleaners, and scissors.
Let your child get creative and have fun turning an egg carton into a colorful caterpillar.
Caterpillar Egg Carton Craft
I’m all about recycling. Well, now always… (My husband use to yell at me for all the things I would throw away!)
But I do have to say, a good chunk of our craft supplies come from recycling. It saves the environment & saves a lot of money for those last minute crafts. Take for example today’s Egg Carton Caterpillar kid craft idea.
Majority of households have eggs in their house. Therefore, you probably have the supplies for this craft on hand – egg cartons! I did today’s caterpillar craft with both cardboard & Styrofoam egg cartons in the past. So whatever you have works for this kid friendly idea!
Now grab the supplies listed below & get to crafting up your own line of caterpillars made from egg cartons! Happy crafting, my friends!
RELATED: Pipe Cleaner Caterpillar and Paper Plate Caterpillar
Our caterpillar craft tutorial is perfect for parents, teachers, educators, crafters, or anyone else looking for a simple project that can be done with items found around the house.
Plus it provides you with some quality time with your children or students—they’ll love having their own little creation come alive before their eyes!
- Cardboard Egg Carton
- Craft Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Small Paper Plate
- Pipe Cleaners
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Small Wiggle Eyes
- First cut your egg carton into three piece long sections. This can be accomplished with scissors and using your hands.
- Then have your child paint their cartons however they want. Simply squirt some paint on a paper plate and hand over the foam paint brush.
- When they are done, set aside the egg carton piece to allow it to dry completely.
- Once the paint on the carton pieces are dry, go ahead and turn on your hot glue gun.
- Grab your pipe cleaner. Bend it in half and curl the ends to make antennas.
- Go ahead and now hot glue those in place on the painted egg carton.
- At this point in time, you can also glue on wiggle eyes to give them life.
- When done, display your wiggle eyed egg carton caterpillar proudly for all to see and admire!!
RELATED —> Thumbprint Caterpillar