Get crafty this Fall! Kids (and grown-ups!) will love making these stained glass pumpkins – a beautiful way to welcome the season!
Pumpkin Suncatchers For The Window
Hey friends! Welcome to another pumpkin-themed kids craft tutorial on Glued To My Crafts.
Today, I want to share with you how we recently made these adorable Stained Glass Jack-O-Lanterns Pumpkins for the fall season! It’s a super easy and mess-free DIY that’s perfect for younger kids. Plus, you probably already have all the supplies you need at home!
No pumpkin guts here! This craft is all about creating beautiful stained glass-like pumpkins using clear contact paper, tissue paper, and regular paper. You can even customize the shapes and colors to make it a year-round activity. Imagine making stained glass hearts, ornaments, or snowmen!
The best part is that it’s quick to make and the results last longer than traditional pumpkin carving. With the FREE pumpkin shape printable I’m providing below, you can get started in just a matter of minutes.
So, without further ado, check out all the details, the free printable, and some example pictures below! Happy crafting!
Happy crafting, my dear friends! Please don’t forget to share pictures with us of your finished stained glass pumpkins on our Facebook page! We can’t wait to see your mosaic pumpkin designs in action! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Thumbprint Fall Tree Cards
Get creative with your kids this Halloween and make your own stained glass pumpkins! It’s an easy, fun, and mess-free craft that will get everyone in the fall spirit!
- Pumpkin Printable – on our landing page
- Color Printer
- White Cardstock Paper
- Clear Contact Paper
- Basic Craft Scissors
- Loose Craft Glitter
- Orange and Yellow Tissue Paper
- Black Sharpie Marker
RELATED —> Scoop Stick Scarecrow
- First download and print the FREE pumpkin shape printable listed above.
- Using your scissors trim out the pumpkin design, as well as the center of it.
- Now grab your contact paper and cut two pieces the same length.
- Take off the protective paper off one and lay it on a flat surface.
- Lay your pumpkin cutout on the contact paper, face down.
- Go ahead and at this time, sprinkle a small amount of loose craft glitter in the inside the pumpkin shape.
- Now grab your yellow & orange tissue paper and cut it into small squares.
- Have your child place it on the contact paper, inside the pumpkin design, to make a beautiful mosaic piece.
- Once done, grab the other piece of contact paper and remove it’s protective sheet.
- Then lay it on top of the other piece and press firmly, making sure every corner is stuck together.
- To finish off the Stained Glass Jack-O-Lantern Kid Craft, use your scissors to trim out the pumpkin.
- Use the black Sharpie marker to draw on jack-o-lantern features on the finished piece.
- Then display proudly on a window or on a fridge!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Cauldron
We will definitely be doing this for future holidays, over and over again – so stayed tuned by following us on Pinterest, so you can never miss a new tutorial from us!