Introducing the perfect craft idea for kids to embrace the chilly season and add a touch of whimsy to their days.
Get ready to unleash your little one’s creativity as they design unique suncatchers that will brighten up even the gloomiest winter days.
Let your little ones create their own stunning suncatchers using winter hats as inspiration. They’ll love showcasing their creativity and adding a touch of whimsy to your home.
Ready to make it happen? Grab some colorful tissue paper, clear contact paper and let the crafting magic begin with the full tutorial below!
- Winter Hat Printable – on box.com
- Color Printer
- White Cardstock Paper
- Clear Contact Paper
- Tissue Paper
- Loose Craft Glitter
- First download and print the FREE hat shape printable listed above. You will want to print it out on a single sheet of white cardstock paper.
- Next up – use scissors to trim out the outline of the hat, as well as the center of it.
- Now grab your contact paper and cut two pieces the same length.
- Take off the protective paper off one and lay it on a flat surface. You want the sticky side facing you.
- Lay your paper cutout on top of the contact paper, face down so it sticks.
- If desired, sprinkle a small amount of loose craft glitter in the inside the shape.
- Now grab your tissue paper and cut it into small squares.
- Have your child place it on the contact paper, inside the design, to make a beautiful mosaic piece.
- Once done, grab the other piece of contact paper and remove it’s protective sheet.
- Then lay it on top of the other piece and press firmly, making sure every corner is stuck together.
- To finish off the Winter Hat Sun Catcher craft, use your scissors to trim out the design.
- Then use some tape to display it proudly on a window, so the sunlight can shine brightly through them!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Winter Hat
Now wasn’t that super easy? So whether buried in drifts or living in a mild temperature climate – this stained glass beanie hat suncatcher is a MUST DO this winter season! We hope it inspired you and your child to recreate!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Winter Wonderland