Keep your little ones entertained this winter with a penguin-themed paper plate craft! Let your imagination take flight and have fun creating this adorable hatching penguin.
Craft time with the kids! Get your paper plates and get ready to make a hatching penguin this winter. The perfect craft for those chilly days in!
- Large Paper Plate
- White Cardstock Paper
- Penguin Printable – on box.com
- Color Printer
- Crayons, Markers, Pencils
- First things first – print out the FREE penguin chick printable above. You only need to print one baby chick per craft, on a single sheet of white cardstock paper.
- Next go ahead and have children color in the penguin in their printable. Fun fact – baby penguins are usually gray at birth.
- When done, help them trim out their decorated penguin shape and set it aside till you are ready for it.
- Next up, grab ONE large paper plate per chick craft. Go ahead and cut it in half, to resemble a cracked egg.
- Staple the two paper plate pieces back together to look like it’s a “hatching” egg.
- Follow that up by stapling in the paper penguin, to the back of the paper plate pieces. Your new friend should look like it’s peeking out of the cracked egg now.
- And that’s it! Add other embellishments you see fit before displaying your Hatching Baby Penguin Chick proudly for ALL to see!
RELATED —> Handprint Penguin & Igloo