Put a Grinch-mas twist on your holiday craft plans! Let the kids have fun with this art project idea of painting a green Grinch on paper using a plastic fork!
Who’s ready to make some Grinch-inspired magic this holiday season? Get creative with your little ones and join us as we learn how to paint our very own fork painted Grinch gnomes!
- Plastic Fork
- Green Craft Paint
- Santa Hat Printable – on box.com
- White Cardstock Paper – two sheets
- Brown Cardstock Paper
- Paper Scissors
- School Glue
- optional – loose craft glitter
- First squirt some green paint in the center of one of your sheet of white cardstock paper. You don’t need a lot. Maybe the size of a quarter.
- Now take your fork – which is your “paint brush” and spread the paint ALL around to make the Grinch’s beard come to life on paper. Add more paint if you like. It doesn’t have to be perfect at all so feel free to change it up.
- If desired, sprinkle some loose craft glitter on top of the wet paint for extra sparkle.
- Once you are done creating the “beard” on the paper, set it aside for now.
- Next grab your Santa hat printout. Color it in with some crayons.
- Go ahead and cut it out when done. At this point in time you should also cut out his nose from the remaining brown cardstock paper.
- Finally – the last step of this fork painted Grinch gnome craft is to glue your cardstock pieces in place, on the painted piece of paper. I highly suggest starting with the hat at the top and then adding the oval nose.
- Set aside to let it dry completely before displaying proudly!
RELATED —> Fork Painted Santa
If you are looking for even MORE easy Grinch themed kid craft ideas, be sure to check out these fun posts listed below.
And “if” you decide to make our Green Grinch Keepsake craft, please share a picture on our Facebook page or tag us on Instagram with #gluedtomycrafts for us to see. We love seeing our inspiration come to life and can’t wait to hear from you!