Are you ready for something different? Then you are in the right place with today’s Popsicle Stick Pilgrim Puppet kid craft idea. It’s super easy to make and each one can be customized to fit the Thanksgiving holiday that will be soon upon us!
Keep scrolling and open up a whole new world of craftiness in your home!
Pilgrim Popsicle Stick Craft Puppet Idea For Kids
It’s a NEVER before seen idea that is fresh to Glued To My Crafts today!
You can’t help but LOVE today’s pilgrim themed art project. These Thanksgiving puppets are made from wood popsicle sticks, are super adorable, don’t you think?! Plus I love how you turn craft time into play time within a matter of minutes!
Our Popsicle Stick Pilgrim Puppet idea will allow those creative juices to flow, while you create some one-of-a-kind Thanksgiving pieces. We have made it super easy with this pilgrim themed tutorial and we really hope to inspire you to recreate it, while making some awesome memories with your child, this afternoon!
When you are done piecing together your wood and paper pilgrim friends, you can stick them in a flower pot as decor, add a magnet to the back to display on the fridge and/or play with them like puppets. So many possibilities, I just hope to spark the start of the creativity within you right now!
Now what are you waiting for?! These are popsicle stick pilgrims that are too cute to scare! Find all the details below and create one of your own today!
Happy crafting, my friends! Be sure to share pictures of your “not scary” craft stick pilgrim friends with us! You can find us on Facebook and Instagram for easy tagging! I can’t wait to see your pilgrim puppets in action! #gluedtomycrafts
With a few popsicle sticks, some paper, and a little imagination, kids can make this adorable pilgrim craft that’s perfect for Thanksgiving!
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- White Craft Paint
- Gray Craft Paint
- Small Paper Plate
- Paint Brushes
- School Glue
- White Cardstock Paper
- Yellow Cardstock Paper
- Black Cardstock Paper
- Brown Cardstock Paper
- Paper Craft Scissors
- Black Sharpie Marker
- Small Wiggle Eyes
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Pilgrim Hat
- First first things – go ahead and glue THREE popsicle sticks together, to look like a triangle.
- Set aside to allow them to dry a bit.
- When the popsicle stick shape is dry enough, go ahead and grab it, along with the paint brushes, craft paint and paper plate.
- Squirt the paint on the paper plate.
- Go ahead and paint two sides of the popsicle stick shape completely white, while the remaining one gray.
- Set it aside to allow it to dry completely.
- The remaining two popsicle sticks will stay nude.
- While your popsicle stick shape is drying, grab all your cardstock sheets and scissors.
- Cut out a large triangle out of the white paper, that will fit inside the popsicle stick triangle shape you just made. This will be the body of your pilgrim friend.
- Now grab your remaining cardstock paper and cut out a circular head, black hat, a belt and anything else you think your scarecrow needs.
- Glue on the wiggle eyes and draw on facial characteristics on the head, with your Sharpie marker.
- When the popsicle stick triangle shape is dry enough, glue all the paper pieces you made earlier, in their designated spots. The hat goes on top and the belt in the center.
- Now you are ready to turn it into a puppet! To finish off the Popsicle Stick Pilgrim Friends – glue the TWO remaining, unpainted popsicle sticks to the BACK of the decorated triangle shape to make arms and the stick that holds the puppet together. See our picture above for an example.
- Add any other embellishments you see fit like glitter, stickers, sequins etc.
- When done, set it all aside in an undisturbed area so it can dry completely before you display it proudly!
- Don’t forget to take pictures and tag us on your social media sites! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Turkey Hiding In A Pumpkin
We deliver the BEST kids craft tutorials on the internet, with a hint of unexpected mixed in!
Don’t believe me? Just check out our super popular Pumpkin Owl, Pilgrim Turkey and Sloth In Pumpkin craft tutorials!
All three are simply perfect for your fall crafting plans and would also pair nicely with today’s Popsicle Stick Pilgrim craft tutorial – hint hint!