Our latest paper craft art project is inspired by my son’s ever-going love of trucks and of course – the upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday!
We hope you enjoy our Loads of Love – Paper Valentine Truck tutorial, as much as we do! There’s even a free truck printable to help you along the way!
Paper Valentine Truck Craft Idea
I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, sometimes the best kind of kid craft ideas, are the ones where there are only a few steps and materials. Maybe less than five of each.
I don’t know about your child but with my son, the simpler the better and the happier we are. This can be said for me as well. Fun fact – I can be a VERY impatient crafter. Just ask my husband! I’ve been known to rush things – HA!
So on that note, I hope our Loads of Love Personalized Valentine Truck craft idea is the smoothest and easiest tutorial you take on with your child, this Valentine’s Day season. There are only a handful of required materials and the steps are just as easy.
To recreate it, it’s just a matter of downloading the file, printing it out, cutting and decorating. Easy peasy! Seriously – it’s exactly how I like it around here on Glued To My Crafts!
And not only does it double as something you can hang on the fridge and admire all month long, BUT your child can also give it to someone they adore in honor of the holiday.
RELATED —> Hearts in Valentine Truck
A great Valentine’s Day craft idea for kids that can be made from items you probably already have around the house.
- Truck Printable – on our Valentine’s Day landing page
- White Cardstock Paper
- Color Printer
- Craft Scissors
- Printed Picture
- Heart Stickers
- First download and print the free Valentine truck file above. Print it in color on a single sheet of white cardstock. You only need one print per craft.
- Next, using scissors, trim out the truck, the inner window and the rectangle that has “loads of love” in it. Discard all the extra leftover paper.
- Now grab your child’s picture. Trim it down and adhere it to the back of the printable with tape or a glue stick, in the open window you just made.
- When done, flip your paper back over to see your child “sitting” in the truck.
- Now it’s time for embellishments! Have children decorate their truck by adding a medium sized foam heart to the back of the truck, as well as on the front of the body and wheels.
- Once done, set aside to let it dry completely so everything stays in place.
- When ready, display your child’s beautiful and one-of-a-kind Paper Valentine Truck masterpiece proudly!