This adorable picture frame train is an easy craft project for kids to do with you at home. It’s a winner!
This paper Christmas train craft is a festive way for kids to get into the holiday spirit! It’s easy and fun to make, and best of all, there’s a free printable included. Get your creative juices flowing and have some family fun crafting this holiday season!
Our latest paper craft project is inspired by the Polar Express and of course, all those trees this Christmas season with a train set around the base. I think it’s safe to safe, trains are an iconic piece when it comes to the holidays!
And although I’m providing a FREE red train printable in this very post, there are no real rules other than you have to download and print it, in the comfort of your home. From there, you just decorate it however you like and add your child’s picture to the cutout frame to make them the proud conductor!
With all that being said, this is the perfect opportunity to use up those leftover materials, Christmas supplies AND even have an opportunity to gift this to someone special because it slips in a frame or scrapbook nicely!
Whatever you decide to do with our free Paper Christmas Train file and idea, I hope we inspired you to “drop the rules” and let that creativity FLY this Christmas season! CHOO CHOO!
Happy crafting, my friends! Don’t forget to share pictures of your finished Christmas Train paper creations with us on our Facebook page! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Train Conductor Hat
Train Picture Frame Keepsake
Looking for a fun and easy Christmas craft project to do with your kids? Look no further than this adorable picture frame train! This craft is perfect for kids of all ages.
- Christmas Train Printable
- White Cardstock Paper
- Color Printer
- Craft Scissors
- Your Child’s Picture
- Christmas Stickers
- Glitter/Glitter Glue
- First print the free Christmas train file listed above in the supply list.
- Print it in color on simple white cardstock. You only need one train print per craft.
- Next, using scissors, trim out the empty/white square shape in the train printable.
- Discard inner paper when done.
- Now grab your child’s picture.
- Trim it down and adhere it to the back of the printable with tape or a glue stick, in the open window you just made.
- When done, flip your paper back over to see your child “sitting” in the train.
- Now it’s time for embellishments! Grab them all and lay them on the table.
- Have children decorate their train with rhinestones, glitter, stickers – whatever the heart desires! Remember – it’s whatever they want!
- Once done, set aside to let it dry completely so everything stays in place.
- When ready, display your child’s beautiful and one-of-a-kind Paper Christmas Train masterpiece proudly!
- Don’t forget to share pictures with us on your various social media sites! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Handprint Holiday Poems