Unleash your creativity and have fun with this colorful paint splat troll hair craft idea!
Make your own unique look, show it off, and tag us in your photos to be featured!
Paint Splatter Troll Hair
This paint splat troll hair craft is the perfect way to let your children explore their creativity with a unique twist.
Not only will this project help them learn new crafting techniques, but it will also give them an exciting opportunity to create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece that they can proudly display in any room of the house.
Ready to make it happen in your home? Find ALL the details, along with a FREE printable to get you started even faster on recreating this paint splat and paper plate troll hair craft idea. Happy crafting, my friends!
RELATED POST —> Paint Spatter Unicorn
With just a few basic supplies like craft paint, cardstock and paper plates, you can put together a brilliant piece of art that encourages your kids to think outside the box!
- Tulip Brand Puffy Paint
- Color Printer
- White Cardstock Paper
- Troll Hair Printable – grab it on box.com
- Basic Craft Scissors
- Large Paper Plate
- Skin Tone Craft Paint
- Foam Paint Brush
- Tan Cardstock Paper
- School Glue
- Large Wiggle Eyes
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Trolls
- First things first – print out the troll hair printable on a single sheet of white cardstock paper.
- Do not cut it out. Simply fold your piece of paper in half and open it back up.
- Grab your various tubes of craft paint and squirt a few squiggles of paint, ON BOTH SIDES, inside the hair design before closing it up again.
- Once the paper is closed for the second time, gently take your hand and “caress” the paper so the paint inside, makes a fun symmetrical print design on both sides of the paper.
- Now you are ready to open it back up and see your troll’s hair.
- If desired, sprinkle some loose craft glitter on top of the wet paint.
- Set aside the decorated paper piece for now, so it can dry completely.
- Now grab your paper plate and scissors.
- Cut the paper plate, straight down the center, into TWO equal halves.
- Reserve one half for today’s troll hair craft and save the other for a rainy day.
- Now grab your skin tone craft paint and foam paint brush.
- Squirt some paint in the middle of the paper plate half and move it around with the foam paint brush, until the paper plate is completely covered.
- Set it aside for now.
- Now grab your kraft colored cardstock paper.
- Cut out a small oval nose and two pointy ears for the troll.
- Once the painted pieces are dry enough to touch, it’s time to assemble your craft!
- Cut out the troll hair from the paper.
- Discard excess paper.
- Now grab your paper cutouts, the painted paper plate piece and your stapler.
- Start off by stapling the painted paper plate half to the hair piece.
- From there, you can glue the nose piece and ears to the decorated paper plate as well.
- Add any other embellishments you see fit.
- Then display your custom one-of-a-kind paper and paint troll hair piece proudly for all to see!
RELATED —> Chalk Art Troll Hair