Let’s bake some memories! Our family banana bread recipe has been passed down for generations, and now it’s your turn to carry on the tradition.
The BEST Banana Bread Recipe ON THE INTERNET!
Just about everyone has a recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation.
Mine just happens to be a quick bread recipe using bananas.
I think it’s because bananas are so easy to pick up at the grocery store, but also the fastest to go bad. Lil man tends to like them one day, and the next he hates them. We have a freezer full of bananas. Lord knows what I’m going to do with all of them, but somehow I keep adding them to my cart when I go shopping.
So instead of constantly freezing them, I’m constantly making banana bread and freezing that too. Oh the joy! And not to be bias, but I have to say, it’s the best recipe out there. There’s a reason why I keep freezing it. This banana bread recipe sure comes in handy for potlucks, surprise playdates, or even a nice gift for someone – just saying!
Plus if someone ever complains there is no food in the house to eat. Lies. There is always banana bread.
RELATED —> Banana Bread Cookies Recipe
Banana Bread Recipe:
- 2-3 fresh, ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- optional ingredients – 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts or chocolate chips for a twist
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, starting mixing your melted butter and unpeeled bananas together.
- Follow that up by mixing in the sugar, the egg and teaspoon of vanilla.
- Finally add in the baking soda, salt and flour.
- Mix well, until everything is well combined.
- Next up, pour your finished wet mixture into a buttered 9×5″ inch loaf pan.
- Place in fully heated over and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- When done, remove pans from oven and place it on a cooling rack.
- When cool enough to touch, carefully remove banana bread from baking pan and slice with a bread knife to serve.
- Enjoy your delicious banana bread 🙂
RELATED —> Footprint Banana Keepsake
Are you by chance looking for another easy recipe to BAKE UP in your home today?
Both of which would pair nicely with today’s banana bread recipe – hint hint! #gluedtomycrafts