Get creative with the kids this holiday season! Make a festive red cardinal ornament, your little crafters will love it! Not only will it create unique decorations for your home, but it will create lasting memories as well.
- Cardinal Printable – on box.com
- Red Cardstock Paper
- Clear Contact Paper – affiliate link
- Large, Red Cupcake Liner – one per craft
- Single Hole Punch
- Ribbon or String
- Printed Picture
- First things first – download the free red cardinal printable listed above in the supply list.
- Print out the provided file on a single sheet of red cardstock paper.
- Use scissors to trim out ONE of the bird shapes from the paper.
- Go ahead and also cut out the center where the head is.
- Next up – cut two equal sized piece of contact paper.
- Peel the backing off of one piece of contact paper and lay it down, sticky side up, on your work surface.
- Lay the bird cutout on top.
- Trim down your picture so it fits inside the ornament. Lay it down as well.
- Now peel the backing off the second piece of contact paper and lay it on top of the first.
- Use your hand to make sure everything is sealed together and that no bubbles exist.
- When ready, use scissors to trim off the excess contact paper from around the edges.
- For the final touch, you will hold ONE red cupcake liner in half and staple it to the finished design. This will be the cardinal’s wing.
- Then hold punch a hole at the top and string some string through it for easy hanging.
- Then display/gift away proudly your child’s beautiful Christmas cardinal photo ornament piece!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Cardinal
When it comes to creating craft memories with your kids, this DIY red cardinal photo ornament is the perfect one that will last for years to come.
It’s fun and easy, plus you get the added bonus of cherishing a precious moment in time of your child when making the ornament.
So grab your supplies and start crafting! Get ready to create some meaningful memories that will last a lifetime!