Keep your kids entertained and spark their creativity with this fun suncatcher craft idea! Get creative and make your own bright cardinal suncatchers that can be enjoyed both indoors and outdoors.
Are you looking for a fun and creative way to keep your kids occupied this weekend? If so, look no further! This tissue paper cardinal suncatcher craft is sure to delight you and your little ones – it’s not only easy to make but also absolutely stunning!
You’ll be amazed at the vibrant colors that bring out this beautiful bird silhouette. So gather your supplies and let’s get started on making this dazzling decor piece!
- Cardinal Printable – on box.com
- Color Printer
- Red Cardstock Paper
- Clear Contact Paper
- Red Tissue Paper
- optional – loose craft glitter, wiggle eyes
RELATED —> Paper Plate Cardinal
- First download and print the FREE bird shape printable listed above. You will want to print it out on a single sheet of RED cardstock paper.
- Next up – use scissors to trim out the outline of the bird, as well as the center of it.
- Now grab your contact paper and cut two pieces the same length.
- Take off the protective paper off one and lay it on a flat surface. You want the sticky side facing you.
- Lay your paper cutout on top of the contact paper, face down so it sticks.
- If desired, sprinkle a small amount of loose craft glitter in the inside the shape.
- Now grab your red tissue paper and cut it into small squares.
- Have your child place it on the contact paper, inside the design, to make a beautiful mosaic piece.
- Once done, grab the other piece of contact paper and remove it’s protective sheet.
- Then lay it on top of the other piece and press firmly, making sure every corner is stuck together.
- To finish off the Red Cardinal Sun Catcher craft, use your scissors to trim out the design.
- If desired, add a wiggle eye so your cardinal can see.
- Then use some tape to display it proudly on a window, so the sunlight can shine brightly through them!
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Cardinal
Now wasn’t that super easy? So whether buried in drifts or living in a mild temperature climate – this stained glass suncatcher is a MUST DO this winter season! We hope it inspired you and your child to recreate!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Winter Wonderland