This DIY “Christmas Wreath Photo Ornament” project is easy, affordable and fun for parents (and kids) of all ages!
With just a few simple materials – like cardstock and contact paper – you can make something colorful and meaningful that will last through many Christmases to come!
So get ready to be filled with holiday cheer as we show you how to create this amazing memento that can showcase a special moment in time!
With just some basic supplies this wreath photo ornament craft will turn into a lasting memory that is sure to be loved on the Christmas tree, year after year!
- Wreath Printable – on box.com
- White Cardstock Paper
- Clear Contact Paper – affiliate link
- Loose Craft Glitter
- Single Hole Punch
- Ribbon or String
- Printed Picture
- First things first – download the free Christmas wreath printable listed above in the supply list.
- Print out the provided file on a single sheet of white cardstock paper.
- Use crayons to color in ONE of the wreath designs for now.
- Then use scissors to trim it out.
- Go ahead and also cut out the center of the wreath.
- Next up – cut two equal sized piece of contact paper.
- Peel the backing off of one piece of contact paper and lay it down, sticky side up, on your work surface.
- Trim down your picture so it fits inside the ornament. Lay it FACE UP first on the contact paper.
- Now lay the wreath cutout on top of the picture, FACE UP as well.
- Sprinkle some loose craft glitter now on top of the ornament design, to get the effect we have in our example picture. You will want to move the glitter out of faces though.
- Now peel the backing off the second piece of contact paper and lay it on top of the first.
- Use your hand to make sure everything is sealed together and that no bubbles exist.
- When ready, use scissors to trim off the excess contact paper from around the edges.
- For the final touch, if desired, add some embellishments for a customized look.
- Then hold punch a hole on top and string some string through it for easy hanging.
- Then display/gift away proudly your child’s beautiful Christmas wreath ornament piece!
RELATED —> Christmas Star Photo Ornament
Create a holiday wreath photo ornament with your kids for a lasting memory of this season.
This fun and easy holiday project not only allows you to create something unique, but also provides an opportunity to bond with your loved ones and share a moment of creativity.
Not only that, it’s an incredibly meaningful gift to give or receive – one you can proudly display in your home each season for years to come! We hope this tutorial inspires you today. Happy crafting, my friends!